Location of books on Kindle for Android?General

Last Updated: 2014-07-30 00:39:42
  1. Darkflame1

Darkflame1 Active Member

When I download a book ti my S4, where is that file located? On my device or SD card? Which folder?

Thank you!

Advertisement
  2. Canesfan

Canesfan Well-Known Member

First of all, did the book download successfully? If so, it should be on your device. Go to "my files" and look for a large file and/or the date you downloaded the book to find the file.
  3. Darkflame1

Darkflame1 Active Member

Yes. I can read the book in the Kindle app, but can't find a "My Files" folder on the device or SD card.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
  4. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

Use your file manager 'MyFiles' for to look :)

I think you should look at your internal SD card at the folder Android/data/com.amazon.kindle/files/...

Harry
    Darkflame1 likes this.
  5. Darkflame1

Darkflame1 Active Member

Thank you. Found it.

/Mnt/sdcard/Android/data/com.amazon.kindle/files & that is where it is.

Not sure what I can do with it, but at least I can back it up.

Wish I could MOVE it to the external SD card. Any thoughts on THAT?

Thanks.
  6. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

You'd install the Kindle reader on your computer (PC or MAC) and download your books directly ... and have it automatically synced with your Android devices.
    IMO no way (without rooted).
    For saving storage on my tablet I delete these books that I've finished. They are all stored on the Amazon Kindle server ... and for my own back up, see above :)

Harry
  7. Darkflame1

Darkflame1 Active Member

That's pretty much what I thought.

I am new to the eReader experience and have a few questions about Kindle books I buy & download from Amazon ...

So, if my Android phone completely tanks, can I re-download it for free to my next Android phone?

And, also download it for free to any or all of my Android pads?

Can I also log in to Kindle or Amazon on my iPhone and re-download it for free?

I take it I can also install it on my PC (WinXP Pro) and also re-download it to that device for free?
  8. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

Yes to all :)

Harry
    Darkflame1 likes this.
  9. ittiandro

ittiandro Member

I wish it was so simple! I have a rooted Galaxy 4 tab on which I have downloaded books from Amazon and Google Store. I can read these books allright both with the Play Books app and/or the Kindle app ,so the books must be there, but they are NOWHERE TO BE FOUND in my tablet under their titles in the File manager App ( My Files and/or ES Explorer).
    The reason why I want to find the location of the Amazon and Kindle books is that I want to read the Google Books with the Kindle Reader app, which has a better interface. I cannot do the copy/paste operation until I know the respective locations. I might eventually have to do some conversion, but at this point I am stuck, if I don't know where these books are.
    I have been gong crazy for 2 days!.

All I found in the Android/data/com.amazon.kindle/files/...you suggested are numbered files, NO TITLE . They might well be books, but their size is extremely small: only 1-2 bytes and they can't be opened!.. At some point I have come across " emulated" storage. I don't know what it means, unless it is a way to make the books..invisible! I have also looked in all other possible places, unsuccessfully. I can read the books, but their titles are not in the file tree!

Can anybody help?

Thanks

Ittiandro