location services improves reception and data?Support

Last Updated:

1. sic81

sic81 New Member This Topic's Starter

Oct 16, 2010
    So I went to drill today and most of the people in my unit has a droid x except one person has a droid 2. Well both did a speed test. He was at 2.4mb and I was at 1.3mb so im confused. We start looking through our settings to compare. He is on max battery saver with all location services on. Im on max performance with no location services on. So I turn on wireless network location services and retest. I get 2.2mb just like that. Does anyone know why it would make a difference? Also I noticed his reception was at- 70db while I was at- 82. Can anyone think of why he would have better reception than me?

Btw im stock 2.2 unrooted

2. wxman2003

wxman2003 Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2010
    Those speed test apps are not very good. After you run it the first time it creates a cache and the next time you run it, it will appear your speeds are faster. You need to clear the cache from that app every time. A better way to compare your speeds with another phone is to go to the exact same web site and time how fast it downloads. Do that with several different sites and see which is faster. Use the same browser, and clear the cache on each phone.