• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Locations keeps starting up

henk4312

Lurker
Mar 10, 2012
hello, hoping you guys can help me here!

locations keeps just starting up whenever i try to open whatapp, or internet, locations starts up and ask's me where i want to go. it's very annoying and i can't use my phone anymore because of it. anybody knows a solution? like how i can throw it off my phone? thanks in advance!

i've got an HTC desire HD btw.

You might try cleaning the socket with ( clean ! ) pressured air at a workshop.

If you don't need Locations at all, you could uninstall the Locations updates.
With Android 2.3.3 on the DHD it helped me when Locations pestered me with map updates.

Harry

Where do is top the updates? i can't just uninstall it at applications and see no option for it at the settings for locations

Upvote 0
Where do is top the updates? i can't just uninstall it at applications and see no option for it at the settings for locations

Well, just had a look at Settings, Applications, Manage applications ... there isn't an option 'Uninstall updates' any more :(

By the way, are there, with 'Locations' and 'Locations Launcher', with 'Launch by default' the 'Clear defaults' buttons greyed out ?

Harry

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones