lock 2.0 problemGeneral

Last Updated:

1. baleitzell

baleitzell Member This Topic's Starter

Looked around a bit and I can't seem to find any other posts about it but sometimes when i go to unlock my phone its at the default lock screen instead of my lock 2.0 screen. Anyne else have issues with that? If so how do i fix it?

Thanks a lot!

Advertisement
  2. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Well-Known Member

YEah sometimes mine is like that as well , I think possible the apps gets shut down by the OS or if you have a Task Manager program it could be killing it.. I just have to go back in the program exit and the lock screen is back.. I've had it happen 2 or 3 times the last like week and a half

3. pandalee

pandalee Well-Known Member

I had the same problem with Lock 2.0, I never found a fix. I uninstalled. I've read from several people that lockbot is better. May want to try that.

4. baleitzell

baleitzell Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks guys. I'll try out lockbot

5. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

I've had lock 2.0 for a while and the only time I find it resets back to the default lock screen is when I power cycle the phone. Have you emailed the dev about your issue?

6. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Well-Known Member

Ya know I must be special i don't even use Lock 2.0 I use lockbot pro, but I have the same problem ocassionaly

7. pkopalek

pkopalek Well-Known Member

When you 'wake up' your phone is in its partial awake state, instead of asleep, your old lock bar may come up.

LockBot and Lock 2.0 activate when the phone goes from SLEEP to PARTIAL AWAKE/AWAKE. If your phone is already PARTIAL AWAKE when you wake it up, your stock HTC lock bar may well be there.

The other lock screens are something of a band-aid over the HTC lock screen. Without Root Access, the HTC lock screen is still there, but Lockbot and Lock 2.0 sort of bypass the HTC one, but can only do so (again, without root access) when the phone is coming from being all the way ASLEEP.

Sometimes, the phone will become partially awake before you press the WAKE/SLEEP/OFF/END button, and then when you think you 'wake' it up, it was really already awake, and BOOM, stock htc lock screen instead of lock 2.0 or lockbot.

That does stink though. I can imagine trying to show off my phone to my friends, and have this happen. I stopped trying, I just use the stock lock screen. Once again, with root access, this can be changed. It's a fact of life until then, unless 2.1 does things differently.

8. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

i never see my htc lock using lockbot.

i can lock unlock repeatedly like a lot, and fast, and never see

and i wake, unlock, lock, unlock, everything, i cant get it to show.

9. pkopalek

pkopalek Well-Known Member

For me, it showed once in a blue moon. When I had Aloqa running, I was able to produce the problem. Not so often, with other programs.

I'd wager that with little partial awake time, that you don't run into it so much.

I'd wager that you (caddy) don't experience any high % of partial awake time, too.

I was paraphrasing an explanation I read from another forum about this same issue.