"Lock Apps" App

Last Updated:

1. KzN

KzN Active Member This Topic's Starter

I'm not sure if this exists yet but I'd be willing to pay $2, even $5, for it.

Although the lock screen is useful for keeping unauthorized people out, sometimes a friend wants to check Facebook, look something up, or just play a game but they have a dumb phone.

There needs to be an app where you can lock certain apps [such as the market (just in case they accidentally buy something), gmail/email (for obvious reasons), or maybe that app that you use when you're lonely and bored (lolz!)]. To enter the app, you could either either a number code or do a pattern like on the lock screen. Apps should also require a password when accessed from the notification bar.

However, if you're sick of it always asking for your password/pattern, there should be a way to turn it off (like when you're using it and nobody wants to use your phone anymore).

There's an app for this on a jailbroken iPod/iPhone in Cydia called Lockdown (I have it on my 1st gen iPod).
    Feedback?

Advertisement
  2. karimarie

karimarie Well-Known Member

I would love something like this!! Anyone?

3. markww

markww Member

I'm not sure if this is possible. Even if it is, a user can just delete the app from the settings page, so it would only really useful against very young kids or ignorami.

4. Viper786

Viper786 Member

Sorry to dig up a post from January, but does anyone know if there's an app like this in the market yet?

5. 2FR35H

2FR35H Well-Known Member

Sounds like a pain in the Azz for the user if to access all the apps that you would have to give a code on each app. certainly it can be done though.

6. App Lock Android Download Mobile Protection

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    AppLock lets you protect any applications you want with a passcode: SMS, Email, Pictures, Calendar... stop others from invading your privacy! This is similar to App Protector except that it's free (ad supported). A pro unlock key that remove ads and unlocks more features will be available on the market soon.

App Lock was developed for Android by Creative Core
    Package name : com.cc.applock.apk

Download AppLock Android V 1.0:

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

7. iAuthorize

iAuthorize Member

App Protector Pro >> 1.99

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Add password protection for any app on your phone: SMS,Gmail,Photo,Gallery,Calendar,Market..any app you choose! Protect private message,picture. Lock your secret! Better than Vault apps.

AppBrain: App Protector Pro - Android app on AppBrain
    Android Market: search for App Protector Pro

8. twhc

twhc New Member

LockMyApps ( Protect App ):eek:

LockMyApps ( Protect App ) - Cyrket

LockMyApps Pro (Lock App) protects your Apps, such as Contacts, Dialer, Gmail, Message, etc. It will stop the locked app soon while clicking them.

Start LockMyApps before your friend uses your phone.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. twhc

twhc New Member

This app starts to support Froyo.