Lock button problem when talkingSupport

Last Updated:

1. Grahamageddon

Grahamageddon Member This Topic's Starter

I did quite a bit of searching the web for a solution to my problem with the HTC Incredible. Surely I cannot be the only one with the problem?

I answer a call, I'm holding it talking, and the screen turns on then turns off, turns on, then turns off, speaker phone on, I have to click it off, mute on, I have to press it off. etc, I know its just the heat from my cheek from talking, but it goes right through the lock button. What is the point of locking the phone if on a call so this stuff wont happen when your touch (my cheek in this case) just goes right through the lock. I have tried in vain to find an app that could fix this perhaps, but most are just for answering the call or dialing a call, or something to that effect.

Any info on how to keep the phone locked when I press the lock button would be appreciated. I love the phone but I am using another phone to make calls because I cant use the Incredible to talk. I don't feel I should have to keep turning off the mute or speaker phone or locking the phone to turn the screen off every two or three seconds.

Advertisement
  2. Nicaragüense

Nicaragüense Well-Known Member

mine doesnt do that.. the screen turns off when its near my face, thats what the proximity sensor does. My imagio on the other hand had issues with that sensor and it would do the on off on off on off thing alot.

3. IamReady

IamReady Well-Known Member

It may be that you are actually unlocking the device. The proximity sensor will take care of the screen automatically. Try it by making a test call, while holding the phone in front of you looking at the screen, put a finger over the upper part of the device beside of the ear piece... the screen should blank. When you move your finger away, the screen should come back.

Is yours doing that?

Grahamageddon likes this.
  4. Grahamageddon

Grahamageddon Member This Topic's Starter

lol i'm an idiot. Never had a phone that had that, neat function. Thanks again. Now if the reboot problem was fixed : ( it really would be nothing short of its name.