Lock Mobile Data

Last Updated:

1. CoreOnCrack

CoreOnCrack Member

I have a Samsung galaxy s3 with jellybean!

I just cancelled my mobile data from my provider!

I used it something like 2 to 10 mb a mounth because I only use it at home or at work! besides that there are so many free wifi that i never have any problems getting coveriage witch is faster then mobile data!

Now to my question:

Is there a way (maybe a app) that lock my acces to mobile data?

more then just the on off butten

I would prefere to write a password to be enable acces mobil data.

To be sure i dont accedently enable it i would like to lock it!

Advertisement
  2. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

If you don't have access to mobile data from your provider, why would this be an issue?
  3. Mostly Harmless

Mostly Harmless Well-Known Member Contributor

Settings->Wireless & Networks->More...->Mobile Networks->*Uncheck* "Data Enabled"

No way to lock it but it's buried pretty deep to accidentally undo.
  4. gtbarry

gtbarry Well-Known Member

I also had a no mobile data plan with tmobile until recently (which meant that the rare times mobile data was used I was charged a per MB rate).

If you toggle it off as Mostly Harmless states above, you should be fine. I never had it turn on by itself or an app (but your apps are different than mine).

One thing you could do for peace of mind is download:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hb.settings&feature=nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDNd

It will give you a toolbar of sorts at the top of your notifications. One of the buttons on the toolbar can be mobile data and you can keep a very close and easy eye on it that way. Also, it is an easier way to handle bluetooth, wifi, etc. in my opinion.

Lastly, do remember, you will need to turn on mobile data to send or receive MMS.