lock on phone when dailingGeneral

Last Updated: 2012-02-23 11:20:24
  1. chestnut626

chestnut626 New Member

can someone help just got the precedent and when you dial out the lock comes up and if you are making a call where you have to enter # like for customers service press 1 you can't, it doesn't allow the dialpad to come up and it tells you to tap top to unlock but then this disconnect the call

Advertisement
  2. kolosus

kolosus Well-Known Member

Settings> Accessibility Settings

Power button ends call. Di-select it.
    Jpoinan and Brightwater56 like this.
  3. Brightwater56

Brightwater56 New Member

Thank you - Same issue. Thanks for the info.

Out of curiosity, if one does not deselect the option, how does one answer or make a call? I've been trying to figure it out and can't - so why would the factory set it that way?

Thanks much. I just got a StraightTalk Samsung Galaxy Precedent. I'm an average user, older (mid-50s) and not very techie. I like the phone so far. We live in a residential area, have no reception issues, and have used Trackfone & StraightTalk a lot. Went to AT&T - Returning to StraightTalk, thank you very much.

I've had Avast Antivirus (paid) on my computer for a few years. Immediately installed on my Precedent. Like it, working well.

Thanks for the help.
  4. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Answer - it unlocks when a call comes in, so you can answer it. (Then it locks again.) Make a call - It's unlocked when you make a call until you "send" the call (green handset).
    Why? So you don't "cheek-dial" while you're on the phone.
    You're still a baby - I was in college when you were born. :) It's not how old we are, it's what we did all our lives. Since I've been in communications since '57, a cellphone isn't much of a mystery to me. (Having owned a cellphone store helped too.)
    The only problem I have with ST is customer "service". The Precedent is a good phone for the price (although I'm looking to get something with more RAM and a larger screen - and I think you know why I want a larger screen. $45/month for unlimited talk, text and browsing? Not bad, and even better when they have one of their free phone and 3 months service for $99 deals. Toss the phone in a drawer and use the card for your Precedent's service renewal.
  5. xPureEvilx

xPureEvilx Well-Known Member

ST's customer service is useless, you have a better chance of fixing your phone by throwing it in a lake and hoping some short fixes it then dealing with ST's customer dis-services.