Lock out screen appears whenever call placed.General

Last Updated:

1. kenh0y

kenh0y Member

Does anyone know how to stop this annoying feature every time I make a call. As soon as I select "Call", a message pops up that says, "Press Power Key at Top to Unlock". I've check every setting but can't find how to stop this.

I have a Prevail phone on the PlatinumTel network which uses Sprint's network.

I have Android OS 2.3.6 Gingerbread installed. This phone is Unrooted. Should I root? I rooted my last phone, an Htc Hero, but did something wrong and was never able to sign into my Google account again, hence, I could no longer sync my calendar or get apps from Google Play. Maybe I'd have more luck with this phone. Any advice? Thanks, Ken

Advertisement
  2. cwhatever

cwhatever Life Goes On Guide

Try settings/accesability, uncheck the end call power button. That should do it.
  3. cwhatever

cwhatever Life Goes On Guide

I would root it for sure. Just follow the sticky at top and should have no problem, just ask and anyone her will help out.
  4. Lordvincent 90

Lordvincent 90 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ Guide

This is a "safety feature" installed because the prevail has no proximity sensor.

it helps prevent face dialing.
    Rarewolf likes this.
  5. kenh0y

kenh0y Member

I unchecked the end call power button, but the same message comes up saying to press the power button to unlock. Any other ideas? Thanks for trying to help.
  6. Lordvincent 90

Cm7 has it disabled. The graphic shows up, but doesn't prevent you from pushing buttons...
  7. kenh0y

kenh0y Member

Thanks for the suggestion. However, I'm not sure I meet these 2 conditions mentioned in "Rooting for Dummies:
    1. A Samsung Galaxy Prevail from Boost Mobile (if its not exactly that, go away).
    My carrier is PlatinumTel, using the Sprint network.

2. A Windows-based PC (Sorry Mac users, get an iPhone and return to you walled garden)
    I have a Mac, but I can run Windows on it.

In light of this, do you think I'll be able to root it? Even if things went badly wrong, I wouldn't blame you for advising me to root. I just want to know what your opinion about not exactly meeting these 2 conditions. Do you think they're deal breakers? Thanks for your help. Ken
  8. kenh0y

kenh0y Member

Lordvincent 90,
    I'd have to root my phone first to get Cm 7, right?

However, I'm not sure I meet these 2 conditions mentioned in "Rooting for Dummies:
    1. A Samsung Galaxy Prevail from Boost Mobile (if its not exactly that, go away).
    My carrier is PlatinumTel, using the Sprint network.

2. A Windows-based PC (Sorry Mac users, get an iPhone and return to you walled garden)
    I have a Mac, but I can run Windows on it.

In light of this, do you think I'll be able to root it? Even if things went badly wrong, I wouldn't blame you for advising me to root. I just want to know what your opinion about not exactly meeting these 2 conditions. Do you think they're deal breakers? Thanks for your help. Ken
  9. Lordvincent 90

I'm not sure. What did you do to get it on that carrier?

I believe as long as it's still using the sprint network, it should work. BUT don't quote me on that. I'm not basing it on any facts... Literally just a guess. (i know nothing about that carrier)

And with regard to the mac part. Odin will only work on windows. No windows = no clockworkmod recovery = no custom anything
  10. kenh0y

kenh0y Member

Lordvincent 90 asked what I did to get my phone on that carrier, which is PlatinumTel. They're a prepaid carrier with great prices (5 cents a minute, 2 cents text, cheap data, no contract), but you can only use there phones. They just started selling the Prevail for $60, so I got one, and I'm very pleased with it. I had bought an HTC Hero about a year ago for $120, which I liked a lot but when I rooted and upgraded to 2.3.7 I lost a lot of capabilities, such as syncing.

Does anyone know how I could restore it to 2.1, unroot it, and then retry doing these things more successfully ?