1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Lock Screen App

Last Updated:

1. grungefreak1

grungefreak1 Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

I have a pattern unlock on my Samsung Galaxy S 19000. If I want to lock my screen manually I simply press the power button briefly which works fine. I now use a skin on my phone which doesn't allow for easy access to this power button so I'm wondering if there's an app that I can use to lock my phone screen without having to press the power button.

I have looked at "lock 2.0", however, it seems to be more for actually unlocking the screen.

Any suggestions are welcome.

GF

Advertisement
  2. skeletorkun

skeletorkun New Member

haha I had the exact same idea man :) Galaxy S with a skin protector .. unless i find a way to make that app, I fear i ll break by screen trying to "briefly press" that button :)

3. Jakaro

Jakaro Well-Known Member

You could use Widget Locker, it has an icon in the notification bar, then set the screen time out to the lowest setting of 10 seconds. That would do the trick, not sure what else you could do.

4. s0ma

s0ma Active Member

WidgetLocker allows you to unlock/lock phone from any key you could possibly want to set it to. Plus, it allows you to change the look of your lockscreen, add widgets to it, etc.

Definitely worth the try. Easily in my top 3 of apps that should have been included with my Eris.

5. lexluthor

lexluthor Well-Known Member

S0ma,

Where in widgetlocker can I set a button that will lock the phone? I don't see that, but it must be there somewhere if you are suggesting it.

6. Katecca

Katecca New Member

You may try to use "Screen off and lock'. Search and get it from market.