Lock screen clock updates slowSupport

1. matther22xdroid

matther22xdroid Well-Known Member

Whenever I hit the unlock button or the home button to turn my S4 screen on the large clock jumps time to whatever time it is. Is this normal? Anyone else have this issue?

Advertisement
  2. Adara

Adara Well-Known Member

Yes, mine does this too.

Although, honestly, I only started noticing it two days ago. I don't think it happened when I first got the phone, so I'm wondering if the lag has something to do with something I did.
  3. matther22xdroid

That's what I thought also, but I can't think of anything I would have downloaded that would do that.
  4. whylime91

whylime91 New Member

same here, my phone also experiences this... wondering if it is a default power saving thingy although my Power Saving mode is off...
  5. rivera02

rivera02 Well-Known Member

It's a touchwiz thing. My note 2 has done this since day 1
  6. treb1797

treb1797 Well-Known Member

:ditto:
  7. barryl85

barryl85 Well-Known Member

Done it on mine since day 1 ! Rather annoying.
  8. matther22xdroid

Well I'm definitely glad to know I'm not the only one experiencing it then from something I did.
  9. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

I've noticed that on all of my phones. It takes them a half second or so to 'catch up', I've always assumed it was a power saving trick.
  10. Turbodc2

Turbodc2 Well-Known Member

Noticed it too, but for some reason it seemed to start a few days ago. I'm pretty observant about things like that so if it did it earlier I would have noticed.
  11. dbernard82

dbernard82 Active Member

I was noticing that too. I've since replaced the stock lock screen clock with a beautiful widget clock and it seems to always be up to date. It would appear that it's just an issue with the stock lock clock.
  12. moshock

moshock Active Member

Mine does this as well.
  13. Agrajag

Agrajag Well-Known Member

Use another clock app to fix this issue. The big one that people seem to like (and that works) is DashClock.
  14. dynomot

dynomot Well-Known Member

Yes my SGSII, SGSIII and now my SGS4 have all done this. It's a bit of a "non - problem" really as it takes a miniscule amount of time to show the correct time. I actually find it useful - it tells me how much time has elapsed since I last put it down, hardly ever at the moment!
  15. lotus49

lotus49 Well-Known Member

I'm no Apple fanboi but this is exactly the sort of slightly rubbish UI annoyance that Steve Jobs never would have stood for.

It's not a big deal but I think it looks a bit naff.
  16. Agrajag

This isn't an Android issue. This is a Samsung app issue. Nothing more. Unlike Apple, the answer isn't "live with it". Instead, all anyone needs to do is replace the wonky Samsung "Clock or Personal Message" app (the default) with virtually any other widget for the lock screen.

I decided to remove the default app and replace it with Beautiful Widgets' clock/weather widget so I get a great looking HD clock with HD weather and the clock is always 100% accurate when I turn the phone on.

So, forgive me as I usually don't care about the Apple vs. The World arguments but your perspective holds no water. Android gave us the ability to choose and we can easily do so. I'll take that any day over a phone where my only choice is what Apple thinks is best for absolutely everyone.
  17. Nick The Great

Nick The Great Well-Known Member

I don't like it either. I assumed it was a "feature" they instituted on purpose.
  18. Agrajag

Again, it's nothing more than a flawed app. Replace it. There are innumerable clock programs on the market.
  19. Nick33

Nick33 Well-Known Member

Mines done it since day 1 as well. Just replace the clock like everyone suggests or live with it. I personally dont think it's a big deal :)