Lock screen customizations

1. thaKing

thaKing Well-Known Member

Here's what I'm looking to do with my lock screen, I'm running 4.2.1 and rooted:
    1) lock it to landscape
    2) when I first wake the system and the lock screen appears, I only have the clock. It displays a white box around the clock and a box on another screen where I can add another widget. I only want the clock widget and would prefer to not see these white boxes.

Thoughts?

Advertisement
    :
  2. jjrx3

jjrx3 Well-Known Member

try holo launcher or widget locker
  3. thaKing

holo is out - use Nova prime with a Hubs layout. Widget locker - will that remove the white boxes? I don't want to spend $3 just to lock it in landscape.
  4. jjrx3

jjrx3 Well-Known Member

well widget locker allows you to add more widgets to your screen so I dont know if you want that. look at some videos on youtube to see what else it features.

* you might need to use the password when using widget locker because you can unlock the device with the home button.
  5. thaKing

Well, I don't want *more* - just the clock I have. I simply wanna remove those white boxes around the widget, and landscape.
  6. thaKing

So, is widget locker my only option?
  7. jjrx3

jjrx3 Well-Known Member

you could try go locker or any other locker app.
  8. thaKing

Sure, I could try, but I'm asking if anyone *knows* for sure if any of these actually accomplish what I'm after. Especially since they are paid apps.
  9. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

You might get a better response in the applications section. If you want me to move this there, I'll happily oblige.
  10. thaKing

Sorry for the delay in my response....yes, if I should've posted in another section, please move. Thanks! :)
  11. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Sorted, thanks :)
    thaKing likes this.
  12. thaKing

And since we moved this, I just want to make the clarification that this is for the Nexus 7...
  13. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

14. thaKing

Maybe I'll ask in the widgetlocker thread. Basically, with 4.2.1 on the N7 lock screen, you have the option to add multiple widgets. I have one widget - a clock. That's all I need. However, when you wake the N7, it shows a white border around the widget and shows that you can scroll to add more. I'd like to hide that - just the clock and lock/unlock icon. Here's a screenshot:

[​IMG]