Lock screen isn't really secure.Support

Last Updated:

1. lordhamster

lordhamster Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

The other day I had my captivate lying next to my bed, when I realized that I could actually easily see the unlock path on my phone's screen from certain angles. Sure I hadn't cleaned it prior to putting it down, but who does?

Perhaps or those of you who use swype this isn't an issue, but I realized that the only time I do an elongated swipe is to unlock the phone. I don't use "swype" for input so the only other drag marks on my screen are from answering calls or flipping through pages of apps and those are much smaller motions, easy to distinguish.

I think the option for a numeric input like a pin code would be much better. Even if the four to 6 digits of the pin were visible on the screen, the order would not be and there would still enough guessing required on-average.

Am I too paranoid or anyone else found this also?

Advertisement
  2. seer_claw

seer_claw Member

Froyo has that option so you'll just have to be patient and wait for the update.

3. TBull74

TBull74 Active Member

HAHAHAHA froyo HA!

4. Infinite-t

Infinite-t Well-Known Member

There was an article on this in Laptop Mag. So now everyone knows how to find.out your unlock pattern. When I first got this phone, that was my first "gripe" I thought... that's kinda cheesy.
    But ya, when/if we get froyo it will have the option for pin code unlock.