Lock screen issueSupport

Last Updated:

1. iphonedudeconvertedtoDX

iphonedudeconvertedtoDX Member This Topic's Starter

I think im having an issue with the lock screen. I do not have the option to select the standard slide to unlock. Under location and secuity settings, I can only choose between none, pattern, pin and password???

I just want to use the standard slide to unlock option with out also using a pattern, password, or pin. Am I doing something wrong?

Advertisement
  2. tsanuri

tsanuri Well-Known Member

Nope it is something that was changed with froyo for some reason.

3. Paycer

Paycer Well-Known Member

That isn't true, tsanuri. Besides, he didn't even say that he's running Froyo. Anyway, I'm running 2.3.15 Froyo and have the simple unlock screen. I'm not using WidgetLocker either.

iphonedudeconvertedtoDX, select the, "None," option. It should give you what you're looking for.

4. iphonedudeconvertedtoDX

I am on froyo and when I select none I get no lock screen what so ever???

5. Paycer

Paycer Well-Known Member

That's odd. I select, "None," and get the default slide-to-unlock screen. I select the others and get those instead.

Give us details about your current situation please. What software version are you running? Have you rooted your device? Deodexed? etc.

6. iphonedudeconvertedtoDX

Im non rooted, and running froyo 2.3.15. Also, I am running launcher pro.

7. Paycer

Paycer Well-Known Member

I'm in the same state as you are. I have LP+ installed myself.

I'm sorry, but I honestly don't know what's allowing me to use the slide-to-unlock feature alone. I don't think I've ever ran into problems with my lockscreen like this before. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

8. landale

landale Well-Known Member

This is a bug with the new Froyo software. If in 2.1 you had the keyguard slider disabled it will be off on 2.2 with no way to enable it (since this option was removed) unless you use a security lock. Only way to get it back is a factory reset.

9. iphonedudeconvertedtoDX

So do you have the option to turn slide to unlock off?

10. Paycer

Paycer Well-Known Member

I have the same options, but none of them appear to work. I'm stuck with a simple slide-to-unlock whether I want it or not. That's fine with me, since I don't plan on using any of the others, but I do find it odd since I was using a password lock only a couple days ago. I ended up disabling it at some point I think, but I don't remember specifically what I did when going back to this lock.

EDIT: I take that back. Apparently it just took some time for the new lock to actually apply. I set my phone on standby for a little bit and when I came back to it, it had the password lock back on. I've now removed it, but apparently I can choose other locks. I don't think I had to use the regular slide-to-unlock either. If I remember correctly, it was just the password lock.