• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lock screen issue...

Just got my galaxy s4 and I'm having an issue. When my screen is locked and I get a notification such as an email or social network notification, the screen lights up and I can swipe to unlock but if I don't hit the lock button for the screen to go black and completely lock it will not do it on its own making the phone vonerable to battery drain and possibly unlocking by accident. Anyone know how to fix this?

You might want to try another messaging app such as Chomp SMS or Go SMS. They give you the option of not having the screen turn on if you get a text notification. Plus you get emojis that are no longer available in the stock messaging app!

Did I mention that you can have the LED show up as a different color for texts with these apps as well?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones