Lock Screen No More? In 2.1 New LeakGeneral

Last Updated:

1. JUNGI

JUNGI Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

How come when i turn on my phone with the end button it doesnt open up a lock screen? No more slide down :(

how can i fix this

Edit: i've tried restarting the phone twice already, but after a few minutes the lock screen doesnt come up when i press end. and i'm using stock , lockbot pro isnt enabled atm

Advertisement
  2. xAusTiN

xAusTiN Well-Known Member

Try reflashing too, because I know for a fact you cannot disable the lock screen. Maybe it didn't install perfectly, try it again.

3. adrenalinerush12

adrenalinerush12 Well-Known Member

When I have lockbot installed, sometimes lockbot freezes or doesn't want to come up, even when I disable lockbot, it jumps straight to the home screen, bypassing the HTC lock screen. That is why I don't use lockbot. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. So try uninstalling lockbot and see if that fixes it.

JUNGI likes this.
  4. EricB

EricB Well-Known Member

JUNGI likes this.
  5. AudiDan

AudiDan Well-Known Member

Had the exact same problem with lockbot. Really liked the lockscreens but caused way too many problems. Uninstalled. :eek:

6. wkopera

wkopera New Member

I am also losing the lock screen. I have Handcent, SMS Popup, and Smart Keyboard Pro but no lockbot. I am still on v 1.5 and the problem just started in the past week or two, prior to that it worked fine. When I reboot, I have a lock screen. After awhile I notice it's gone. I haven't yet figured out exactly what happens immediately prior to losing it, but I assume it's something with one of the text applications.

7. andrizoid

andrizoid Well-Known Member

lockbot causes SOOO many problems. just uninstall it.

8. jameseris1194

jameseris1194 Well-Known Member

agreed.
    I tried lockbot, lockbot pro and they both are terrrible for eris. I wanted the flan lockscreen like on nexus but was unsuccessful at it. i had to uninstall and reboot my eris after my lockscreen magically went away!! hopefully that solves your issue

9. surgeon0214

surgeon0214 Well-Known Member

I have had absolutely no problems running LockBot Pro on my droid eris. In my opinion it is smoother and more reliable than the default HTC lockscreen. I use the Flan (Nexus) lockscreen and it makes my phone look 1000x cooler.

10. jameseris1194

jameseris1194 Well-Known Member

FYI if your looking for a c00l lockscreen replacement app search for flyscreen in market its really dope it has the flan lock and you can put your widgets on the lockscreen its realyy awesome i just couldnt do it cause my battery was draining bad
    check it out
    also theres an app called no lock which removes the lock entirely if thats what your looking for it has a bug that are being worked on supposedly 1. the volume rocker wakes the phone from sleep which is really annoying