Lock Screen NotificationsSupport

Last Updated:

1. ignignokt

ignignokt Member This Topic's Starter

Is there a way to prevent any new text messages showing up when the phone is locked?

Advertisement
  2. lgldrgdlr

lgldrgdlr Well-Known Member

Yes, you need to go into the settings of the message app and disable the pop-ups. Are you using handcent? if so, open handcent>menu>settings>uncheck "enable pop-up"

3. lgldrgdlr

Wait, is that what you mean or are you just talking about the little notification in the notification bar at the top?

4. ignignokt

not, not in the notification bar. if the phone is locked, and a new text message comes in, at the bottom of the screen, underneath the slider to unlock the phone, there is the name of the person who sent the message and what the first line of the text message. i just want to turn that off, if possible.

5. lgldrgdlr

Hmmm, not sure. Don't have mine yet. You've played around in the settings for the message app and haven't found anything? And are you using stock or a 3rd party messaging app?

6. ignignokt

using stock messenger app. ill have to check. i'm new to Android from WinMo, so that Menu button always escapes me. Ill check it out during lunch to see if I can get it worked out

7. lgldrgdlr

There should be some notification setting in there somewhere. It doesn't do that on my eris united I turned off a setting somewhere and don't remember

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk