lock screen passwordSupport

Last Updated:

1. mhollcop1

mhollcop1 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi everyone,
    I tried searching for this topic but I couldnt find it. I just upgraded my htc hero to android 2.1. I never set a password for the lock screen. So it ended up putting a password on its own. I called sprint tech support and talked to them for about an hour and finally figured out that the password is my google account password. Thats all well and good but I am not a big fan of password protecting my phone because I really dont have any information of value on it, but I do like having the lock screen so I dont pocket diel. I found a few programs that will disable the lock screen that will get around this problem, kind of. Does anyone have a clue how to disable the password protection and still keep the lock screen. Its just really irritating because I dont usually lock my phone and every time I try to wake it I have to unlock it.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Are you referring to a pattern lock or to the activesync/exchange password lock???

If it's the activesync/exchange lock then try "lockpicker" from the market.

mhollcop1 likes this.
  3. mhollcop1

mhollcop1 New Member This Topic's Starter

Wow that works awesome!!! I spent hours with sales reps and tech support trying to figure that out. Then it turns out to be such a simple solution. Thank you very much.

4. Kelmar

No problem! Sometimes it helps to talk to the people who actually use the phone on a daily basis. :)

Be sure to let us know if you have any other questions! Oh, and welcome aboard :)

5. Kelmar

No problem! Sometimes it helps to talk to the people who actually use the phone on a daily basis. :)

Be sure to let us know if you have any other questions! Oh, and welcome aboard :)

6. milad0900

milad0900 New Member

hi . i've lost my lockscreen password ( this picture ), is there any way to reset it ?:confused:[​IMG]

7. Kelmar

What do you mean, "you lost it"?

8. milad0900

milad0900 New Member

yes i've lost it ...

9. thanhtu2005

thanhtu2005 New Member

i've lotst password screen, how to reset it?

10. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Well-Known Member

I will tell you how to factory reset your handset. You will have to boot into HBOOT to do that.

Turn off your Sprint HTC Hero and then press and hold the volume down button and then press the power button until the screen turns on. There should be an option to reset your handset in the menus you now see, which can be controlled with your volume buttons.