• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Lock Screen/ Pattern Help

kickenwing13

Sep 19, 2010
Hey I've checked a few of the forum for solution to the issue but haven't found anything.

I'm trying to figure out how to replace my lock screen with just a pattern.
Currently I just have widget locker and am running one of the replacement sliders that doesn't lag as much. In the past I've tried combinations with "No Lock" and the pattern settings to no avail. Anyone have anything I may try?

To be more clear. My wanted end result would be to have ONLY a pattern in order to turn on my screen after each time the display timed out or it was locked.

I'm trying to figure out how to replace my lock screen with just a pattern.

To be more clear. My wanted end result would be to have ONLY a pattern in order to turn on my screen after each time the display timed out or it was locked.

There's other posts in the past on this subject. When the DX first came out, you had the choice to have just the swipe screen unlock, just the pattern/pin/passcode unlock, neither or both. With Froyo, for some reason, they messed it up and now you have no way to just do a pattern security alone. You have to do it along with the swipe screen unlock. Unless something has changed...and if anybody knows how to do ONLY the pattern lock/unlock, I'd love to hear how to do it.

Upvote 0
I feel your pain. I don't like having the swipe and pin lock. I found an app called, "anti lock" that works ok. It basically does something to the swipe lock so you don't have to. You do momentarily see the slide lock but you don't have to swipe it.

Hey, thanks Droid Junky! Anti Lock does the trick...kind of. You lose the emergency contact feature which is nice to have. But I also noticed if you put in the wrong pattern, then the screen changes to the standard swipe to unlock screen and after you swipe, then the pattern unlock screen with the emergency contact buttons appears.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones