Lock Screen / Personalization App Issues

Last Updated:

1. u zero

u zero New Member

Hi everyone,

I've already posted this in the xda-dev forums, yet to no avail. So here we go once more:

A couple of weeks ago I had to send my One S in for repair, as the soft keys (back/home/recent apps) were absolutely unresponsive (slightly off topic, but: this happened after I used the phone as a car GPS on a 13h road trip. Could this have caused it or was that just coincidence?).

Once I got it back, I re-rooted it and restored everything, system apps and data included (20/20 hindsight: that may have been foolish), from a backup made shortly before I sent it in (using Titanium Backup).
    That, however, made my phone lose all push message capabilities, so I emptied the user and system app cache and deleted all user and system app data, bringing push capabilities back to life again.
    Yet, ever since then, the quick start icons (phone/sms/e-mail/camera) aren't showing up on my lock screen anymore and when I try changing background images in HTC's Personalization app, there are no images to chose from.

Does anyone know how to go on about fixing this without re-flashing? If the 4.1 update gets released soon anyway, should I wait and hope for the update to fix it? Will updating to a new Android iteration bring about any trouble on a rooted phone with custom recovery?

Advertisement