Lock screen questionSupport

Last Updated:

1. adicken1

adicken1 Active Member This Topic's Starter

So I took my phone to the local store today to be updated and they failed. They bricked my phone plus apparently 2 others before they gave up. They gave me a new moment plus a $50 credit, but I have a question about this new phone. When waking my old phone, I only had to press menu to unlock it. This new phone has an iPhone style "slide to unlock" feature that I don't like.

This is the way the phone came. Before I even set it up, so its not an app. Does anyone have any idea how to turn it off? I know the old screen is still there because if the slide screen lags at all before taking me to my home screen I briefly see it. Is this a function of the newer moments? I scoured all the settings to no avail, I hate this screen!

Thanks all for the help.

Advertisement
  2. agent0014

agent0014 Well-Known Member

That's really weird. Do you think that the one you have was at one point a demo? As far as I know there's no S2U function that's native to android... regardless of the particular build. Take a pic if you can and upload it? I'd love to see it.

3. adicken1

That could be a possibility. I will try to take a pic of it and upload it.

4. adicken1

5. chibucks

chibucks Well-Known Member

is that the lock 2.0 app running? i had thought they had a slide to unlock feature... but haven't played with it, so i'm not positive.

6. adicken1

No, i've used Lock 2.0 and the default skin looks completely different. I even checked when I first got the phone to see if it was on there already, but it wasn't.

This screen has been on the phone since even before I set the phone up with google. In other words, when the tech brought the phone out to me, when I pushed the end button to wake up the phone, I had to slide the bar to unlock.

Thanks.

7. adicken1

I downloaded and enabled lock 2.0 just to show the difference, and here it is. Not really sure where the hell this skin came from, but I LIKE!! Anyway, even with Lock 2.0 enabled, it usually gives you the option of bypassing the system standard lock screen, but it does not work with this other slide screen. So in other words, with Lock 2.0 active, I have to slide 2 bars to unlock the phone.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj23/adicken1/IMGP0072.jpg
    http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj23/adicken1/IMGP0072.jpg

8. agent0014

agent0014 Well-Known Member

The original set of photos looks like DxTop's slide to unlock screen... strange. I'm sure you'd know it if you were running DxTop... it's hard to miss the completely unique desktop screen arrangement lol.