Lock screen questionSupport

1. draft6969

draft6969 Member

How do i turn the lock screen off? in security there is the option to turn it off, use pattern, face recognition, ect and if i try to turn it off, it doesn't do anything. then i tried the pattern and nothing, face recognition still nothing? just the regular htc lock screen. How do i make these functions work?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Rob0208

Rob0208 Member

Those options you described don't actually replace the lockscreen, they are just security options that will appear when you unlock your phone. As far as I know, there's no way to completely remove the lockscreen, but you can download apps such as WidgetLocker that will let you totally change the way it looks and works.

Hope that helps :)
  3. draft6969

draft6969 Member

but even if i use one of the securty options as the pattern. when i unlock my phone it never showes up? And with ICS you should be able to get rid of the lock screen.
  4. Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer Well-Known Member

You can't turn the lock screen off. You can, however, enable lockscreen security (pin number, pattern, facial recognition). With this security enabled, you still have to slide the ring up to reveal the keypad for pin entry, grid for pattern entry etc.
  5. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Try No Lock, free app.
    Silver Surfer likes this.
  6. Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer Well-Known Member

No Lock does indeed bypass the lockscreen with locking disabled however, if you enable screen security (be it pin, password or pattern), then the lockscreen returns. You can't have no lockscreen AND screen security enabled.
    EarlyMon likes this.
  7. draft6969

draft6969 Member

Ok lets try this again. Even if i enable the password or any other securty. it doesnt work. after i swipe the lock screen open it just opens the phone to the home screen. I can not get any of the security features to work at all. Im just making sure i dont have a defective phone
  8. fzr phil

fzr phil Member

did you check the 'time to lock'
    if you set to immediate then when you press button it should be locked. otherwise within certain times e.g 3mins, the phone stays unlocked.

phil
    EarlyMon likes this.
  9. draft6969

draft6969 Member

Ahhh that was it. I never noticed that opiton. Mine was set to 15 min. Thanks
    Now for the no lock screen question. I saw a vid on youtube on new items for ICS and one of the things was the no lock screen option. and on the vid he showed that once it was set to no lock screen it would infact go straight to the home screen when the button was pushed. Did HTC just disable this option?

Oh and by the way No lock app seems to be working well :)
    EarlyMon likes this.