1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Lock Screen Replacements

Last Updated:

1. UrbanMuppet

UrbanMuppet Guest This Topic's Starter

Per request of a moderator I am no longer a contributing member. Account pending for deletion.

Advertisement
  2. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

I would like a good one also, just like the default one, but with a calendar agenda on it or a way to place a widget on the lockscreen

3. UrbanMuppet

Per request of a moderator I am no longer a contributing member. Account pending for deletion.

4. mountaineerndixie

mountaineerndixie Well-Known Member

5. k9cop

k9cop Active Member

Maybe [table][tr][td][​IMG][/td][td]Flyscreen
    by FlyScreen
    50,000 downloads, 2045 ratings (3.7 avg)
    [/td][td]Free
    [​IMG][/td][/tr][/table]

6. UrbanMuppet

7. Eris_2.1_2010

Eris_2.1_2010 Well-Known Member

Been using lockbot for awhile now works really good. Love bein able to make custom lock screens in different setups.

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

8. DesireMe

DesireMe Well-Known Member

Is there a way to remove the vibration from Lockbot?

I don't want it vibrating everytime i unlock the phone. As i normally rest my phone on the table, it's quite a distracting noise just to unlock it.

9. Bl4z3

Bl4z3 Active Member

Yes there is. Once you open the app, Menu>Config>Vibrate. You can check or uncheck the option. :)

DesireMe likes this.
  10. Rotor

Rotor Well-Known Member

Do any of these replacement lock screens lock you out 100% ?

I tried a couple that would allow you access via the pulldown menu when the screen was supposed to be locked.

I'm keen to change my lockscreen but I want it to be 100% locked and only accessible via the correct unlock method with no work arounds.

Pointless otherwise.

11. chrlswltrs

12. VegasOnAcid

VegasOnAcid Well-Known Member

LockBot Pro is messing up some of my other widgets... any good less buggy alternatives?

13. UrbanMuppet

14. VegasOnAcid

Oh damn, opps sorry... I even looked really fast for something recently... Seems nobody has much besides lockbot tho =(

15. UrbanMuppet

16. chrlswltrs

I bought Widget Locker today and it is exactly what I wanted. I emailed the dev with one idea to improve it, he emailed me back very quickly and said it was already in the works in an upcoming update. Out of all of my apps, this is one of my favorites.

17. VegasOnAcid

I like the moto droid and X10 lock screen tho. Lockbot Pro did everything I wanted really.. it just f's up things.. like my wallpaper and my news widget.. honestly I dont even know how it manages to do that.. But the second I turn off Lockbot everything works fine... makes me sad. lol.

18. UrbanMuppet

19. frankbonatelli

frankbonatelli Well-Known Member

Been searching a while my own self and last night came across GOTO
    Kicks ass so far. All the others mentioned earlier on my x10 would work but sooner or later that dam old SE lock screen would pop up as well. As soon as i see that I would toss and try a different one. Tried them all, this was the only one that did not slip back to the default app. So far................................

Rotor likes this.
  20. Rotor

Rotor Well-Known Member

Nice one!

I saw this app a couple of weeks ago and it wasn't available for UK users. Checked today and it's now available for me.

Bought it and I'm giving it a try. Looks to be the best one I've tried so far.

21. CeePeeBee

CeePeeBee Well-Known Member

I too bought WidgetLocker, but un-installed it within 5 minutes when I found that hitting the HOME button disables the lock screen - kind of pointless. Emailed the dev but no response yet. Did you find this?

On a side note....I was most surprised to see I'd been refunded the $0.99 when I un-installed the application. Very good service, just wondering what the extent of that refund is. If the guys un-install their apps 2 years down the line I wouldn't expect a refund...so it must be time specific?

22. Rotor

Rotor Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's time specific. When you buy any app you get a refund if you un-install within 24 hours of your purchase.

23. CeePeeBee

Well there you go...love it when little things like this are actually thought out in full before distribution of an application or process. I was quite surprised I didn't have to email off to Google and submit a "claim" or something

24. UrbanMuppet

No longer a contributing member. Account pending for deletion.

25. CeePeeBee

Sorry for hijacking the post but...

The only bit I don't understand is how that stands legally. As a UK citizen I have, by law, 14days to return a product I deem not fit for purpose for any reason and therefore obtain a full refund.

I'm not saying that this would ever be the case for me, but I wonder what would happen if this was challenged and put to Google?

In any case +1 for Android as I didn't expect to see that $0.99 again!
    :p;):)