• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Lock screen went silly

Blyss

Android Enthusiast
May 24, 2013
So as most of you know I'm on alliance 3.1 but what you don't know is that my lock screen has been messed up for two days.

You know normally it comes on with the little round buttons that you draw your pattern on. And as you draw the little lines follow you around. And then you lift your finger and it turns red if you're wrong and green if you're right.

Well mine only shows the initial buttons. You can draw all over it and it shows nothing till you lift your finger. If you are wrong it briefly flashes the whole pattern your drew in red.

If you are right then the whole lock screen goes away. That is to say it's functional but not showing the pattern as you draw it.

Now I've got a good nandroid I can go back to but I'm curious as to what's up. Any ideas to try aside from restoring backup? I wasn't doing anything funny around the time it went haywire. Just rebooted one time and it was like that.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones