• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Lock screen while talking on the phone/

Cynthial

Lurker
Apr 9, 2011
I would like to know how do i lock the screen of my htc Inspire 4G while I am speaking on the phone? I haven't found away to do so. And it is very hard to speak on the phone with out hanging up on the call or pressing things on the screen with my face.

I would also like to know if you can add an automatic signature on all my text messages?

I had the same problem with my cheek hanging up on people. It was the way I was holding the phone, the light sensor wasnt completely being covered so the screen would remain lit. (light sensor is the circle to the right of the earpiece). Only other option is to make the call then tap the power button to turn the screen off.

I dont use the stock text app so im not sure about the sig. But it can be done with handcent, chomp and go sms

Upvote 0
I would like to know how do i lock the screen of my htc Inspire 4G while I am speaking on the phone? I haven't found away to do so. And it is very hard to speak on the phone with out hanging up on the call or pressing things on the screen with my face.

Widgetlocker....it's a 3rd party lockscreen that is immensely customizable. It also has the option you're looking for. It's great.

Upvote 0
Widgetlocker....it's a 3rd party lockscreen that is immensely customizable. It also has the option you're looking for. It's great.

I just downloaded Wigetlocker for this purpose, but can't figure out what setting will control this. I have the HTC Inspire, Help? I want a way to have to physically unlock the screen if the phone is in use- not simply by moving the sensor. I hang up on someone just about every time. I figure I am holding the phone wrong, but it's a hard habit to break.

Upvote 0
I just downloaded Wigetlocker for this purpose, but can't figure out what setting will control this. I have the HTC Inspire, Help? I want a way to have to physically unlock the screen if the phone is in use- not simply by moving the sensor. I hang up on someone just about every time. I figure I am holding the phone wrong, but it's a hard habit to break.

Open widgetlocker from your app drawer, hit menu, settings, behavior, and enable "show in call"....

Upvote 0

I would also like to know if you can add an automatic signature on all my text messages?

I used to do the same thing, but have found 2 different methods that have solved my problem. The first option is you can go into your Settings>Security>Set up Screen Lock> From there your screen will be locked after you touch the lock screen button at the top left. I found this annoying as you will have to enter your pattern,pin, or passoword each time you lock the screen. The second option which I currently use now when I am taking a call is simply press the "Home Icon" in bottom left corner and it displays your home screen while you're talking on the phone if you need to bring back up the call info or keypad, just simply click and drag down the top of your screen. Hope this is the kind of info you were looking for.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones