1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Lock screen while watching videoSupport

1. NickTB

NickTB Member

Hi all.

I've searched here but can't find an answer. Is it possible to lock the screen on my S3 while watching a video? I've seen a video on YouTube which claims you can (Press the power button once and it locks) but on mine you do that and the screen goes black and locks to the home screen?

Any advice would be great.

Nick

Advertisement
    :
  2. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

When watchign a video, the power button locks other buttons so you do not press anything accidentally, but does not shut down the screen. That at least is what happens on Android 4.1.2 on my S3.
    NickTB likes this.
  3. NickTB

NickTB Member

Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately on mine it shuts the screen down. I have to swipe it to unlock and then access you tube or Netflix or whatever app I was using to view the video again
  4. NickTB

NickTB Member

Also, I'm running 4.1.1? I just tried an update but it's stating the latest software is installed.
  5. GTWalling

GTWalling Well-Known Member

You can only lock the screen in the Stock Video Player. Will not work with YouTube, Netflix or web browser.
    NickTB likes this.
  6. NickTB

NickTB Member

Thanks for that. What a crazy idea though. It would be a welcome addition to any updates in my opinion
  7. vvainilovich

vvainilovich Member

Im having the same problem.... when ever I try watching a video on the internet browser.. after like 30 seconds into the movie, my screen will lock, then I have to swipe to unlock in order to continue my video.. it wasnt like that with Ice Cream sandwich... anyone know how to fix it.. maybe there is an app for it, or I have to change something in the setting. Thank you!
  8. sherlock5545

sherlock5545 Well-Known Member

Movie in flash player? In that case you need to maximise the video to full screen and it won't turn off anymore.
  9. vvainilovich

vvainilovich Member

i do make it full screen.. and it still goes black.. maybe it because of the web site i use?
  10. suenhoyin

suenhoyin New Member

Same here..

Still have not be solved?