1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Lock screen with a puzzle piece?

Last Updated:

1. droid51378

droid51378 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was watching some You Tube phone reviews the other day and saw one from I believe PhoneDog and had a lock screen where you moved a puzzle piece into place to unlock the screen. Is this a download or native to a certain phone?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. birthofahero

birthofahero Well-Known Member

Its a feature on the Samsung Captivate. Unfortunately, people have been trying to install lots of things from that phone with no success so I dont think it would be available. Here is where you can get a dump of all Samsung apps tho. They are working on making them available. Samsung Galaxy S apps on Desire - xda-developers

droid51378 likes this.
  3. droid51378

droid51378 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the info, now that you say that it was the Captive/Vibrant reviews from Noah @ Phone Dog. Yea, I would also like some of those Samsung Widgets. The Buddies Now & the clock/weather widgets would be sweet, along with the lock screen :)

4. birthofahero

birthofahero Well-Known Member

Yea, the S phones have some great apps that a lot of people would want on their phones. Im not sure why they are having trouble porting them.

5. jasonsmith

jasonsmith Active Member

I just discovered this lock screen on my i9000m. Really cool but took me 3 weeks to find it cause it will only work when the pattern lock is off.

6. PinkLily

PinkLily Member

PBI: I have the Samsung Captivate (AT&T) and the puzzle piece is only for when you receive a text message or voicemail when the phone is locked. Unfortunately, it is not for unlocking the phone itself. The Samsung Fascinate (Verizon) comes with the puzzle piece lockscreen. (To unlock the Captivate, simply swipe your finger across the touch screen. I want the puzzle piece lockscreen like the Fascinate has!)