Lock screen with slide AND pattern?Tips

Last Updated:

1. Beni1295

Beni1295 New Member

So I just updated my RAZR to ICS. I really like the new circle-y unlock screen thing called the "slide" unlock screen. However, I notice that there isn't any security to this type of lock screen. When I set the pattern lock, though, there isn't a sliding feature. When I hit the power button it goes straight to the pattern. Is there anyway to have the slide unlock screen WITH some sort of security when you try and unlock? Just like the RAZR had on gingerbread. Slide first then enter pattern.

2. carracerz14

carracerz14 Well-Known Member

Nope. Been posted a million different times.
  3. Mozarelli

Mozarelli New Member

So why is it called Slide Lock if you can't lock? Seems to me that if it's been posted "a million times", there must be demand for it. We were almost there with the previous version..at least you could access the camera quickly. This is pretty lame IMHO.
  4. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

I hated it when I had to complete two steps to unlock and love the fact I do not have to do it now. Each to their own.
  5. menmyjeep

menmyjeep Well-Known Member

I agree. Why in the world would anyone want to do two motions when one can get the job done? Redundancy to the Maxx! I am all for one or the other...... But not both.
  6. Baddawg

Baddawg Active Member

Personally, I like the feature. However, I searched and didn't find other threads that talked about the loss of this feature, so maybe I was using the wrong search terms? [​IMG]

I have mine set to Pattern Lock, and timeout is 20 minutes. If you press the power button (if you have it enabled) to immediately lock it, it will present the pattern lock screen to unlock it. If you leave it idle and it automatically locks, if it's under the timeout interval, it will show the 'slide' unlock page.

Again, I like the feature. If I'm using it while in meetings and keep checking it, I don't have to do the whole pattern lock thing. But if I leave it idle for more than 20 minutes, or leave it unattended, now the level of security is increased to the pattern lock so no one can just gain access to it. Again, a nice feature.
  7. Mozarelli

Mozarelli New Member

With the previous version, we had the best of both worlds - security and quick access to camera. I use my camera frequently and need to access it quickly. Now I have to leave it unlocked because sometimes getting the shot is a matter of seconds.