Lock Screen won't "Unlock"Support

1. PeanutTM

PeanutTM Member

The lock screen on my D2 will not unlock. It just began doing this out of nowhere. Obviously, I can't even use my phone. Anyone have any idea what do do?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Super_Six_Two

Super_Six_Two Well-Known Member

Does the screen respond at all? Start with a battery pull.
  3. PeanutTM

PeanutTM Member

Yeah, it boots up and gets to the charging screen where it gives the time, date, etc. But the lock screen at the bottom will not unlock. As soon as you swipe it over with your finger, it just pops back and won't open.
  4. Super_Six_Two

But it does actually move when you swipe your finger across it? Does the other slider work?
  5. PeanutTM

PeanutTM Member

It will partially move, both the unlock portion on the left, and the audio portion on the right. However, they both will only move about halfway from when you would normally swipe it, but then it just snaps back. Went into a local Verizon store after we ate about an hour ago. Talked to another brilliant Verizon sales rep who told me to just do a battery pull, then go into the menu...

Reminded him that I can't GET to the menu!
  6. Super_Six_Two

Did they exchange it for you?
  7. PeanutTM

PeanutTM Member

They didn't mention it. Thought I would see if anyone on here knew of anything first before getting involved with them and going to the trouble of doing so.
  8. Super_Six_Two

Well no one else has posted anything about a problem like that. I have no idea what would cause that and since you can't get to any of the settings, there are not a lot of other options then telling Verizon to give you a new one.
  9. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Well-Known Member

+1
    With such a new phone, i wouldn't even try to mess with it. Get a new one.

I love it when my phone has gotten a few dings, and then something like that happens that gets me a brand new phone:D