Lock Screen

Last Updated:

1. mobily

mobily Active Member This Topic's Starter

Morning all,

I have been reading through the manual for the Desire and it states that you can have a different lock screen wallpaper to the wallpaper when the screen has been unlocked.

However, I can't seem to manage this at all.

Does anyonw know if this is possible or if it is an error in the HTC manual?

The reason being I would like to have a nice bright lock screen image but a normal black background for when apps and widgets are all over it

Many thanks,
    JT

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

You could on the hero. There was an option in settings next to wallpaper called lock screen image. I looked ony desire once and I didnt have it. Could try widget locker frommarket though

mobily likes this.
  3. MajorProbes

MajorProbes Well-Known Member

There's nothing in the stock settings that allow you to do this on the desire to my knowledge, if it was it would be under:

Settings > Personalize > Home wallpaper
    Settings > Personalize > Lock screen wallpaper

Like the Hero.

There are some apps in the market that will let you achieve this on the desire:

Lockbot
    Widget Locker

mobily likes this.
  4. CarsnGadgets

CarsnGadgets Well-Known Member

get widget locker, it allows you to have a different lockscreen wallpaper and also add widgets and shortcuts etc to it.

5. alan hanson

alan hanson Well-Known Member

reading through the manual........do people actually do this, lol cant remember the last time i did instead of jumpin straight into a game/phone etc....

6. mobily

mobily Active Member This Topic's Starter

Looks like widget locker is the winner.. however why would you want widgets and apps on a lock screen when you can't use them, as the screen is locked??

7. SUroot

Widget locker is very configurable. You can set it up so you can use the widgets if you want.

8. CarsnGadgets

CarsnGadgets Well-Known Member

also, some widgets only show info, so they dont need to be 'used' when its locked.

but I do have active controls for last.fm and mixzing on the lock screen as well as mini-info and a car dock shortcut.

9. SUroot

I just have a custom clock so I have interactions turned off alltogether

10. Eris Ed

Eris Ed Well-Known Member

I find it very useful to have access to widgets using Widget Locker. Currently I have Twicca and sliders for quick access to Camera and Camcorder for those emergency YouTube moments! ;)

I use Twitter a lot, so having one-click access to my account through Twicca is a real bonus.

11. EmperorKabir

EmperorKabir Well-Known Member

a bit off topic, but i removed my lock screen entirely. press a button and you are on your home screen. (Just throwing that in here as an option). Just search for 'No Lock'.

12. OFI

OFI Well-Known Member

I don't know how you cope with this at all. Even with the normal sliders i'm constantly unlocking the phone in my pocket :(

13. Hadron

Hadron VIP Member VIP Member

Probably depends on what pocket you put it in - I doubt it's an issue in a jacket, but for me it would sometimes happen in trouser pockets.

I found that I had less trouble when I started using WidgetLocker with a stock android style slider rather than the HTC sense version - I guess some mixture of a smaller area to start the unlocking from and a different direction/larger travel needed to complete, but it seemed harder to do by accident.

Of course a flip case eliminates it completely ;)

14. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

its an error in the htc manual (and on their website faq too actually), i thought they would fix it in froyo, but obviously not.