Lock screen?Support

1. bweave

bweave Well-Known Member

The shortcuts are not working on my lock screen, should they be? I thought that they should take me to the app that I place the circle over...

Advertisement
  2. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Lv 60 Bounty Hunter Moderator

You actually have to drag the app into the circle.
  3. bweave

bweave Well-Known Member

Sometimes it is the simplest things...
    NightAngel79 likes this.
  4. kjarrett

kjarrett Well-Known Member

Not a fan of this UI 'feature'... :/
  5. NightAngel79

Don't I know it, lol

It has grown on me. I love it know
  6. poophead

poophead Member

don't worry I had the same issue for a good 30 minutes lol
  7. DodgerinNH

DodgerinNH Well-Known Member

correct me if I'm wrong, but the only apps that you can have show up on your lockscreen are the same ones you put in your dock? If so, that kind of defeats the whole purpose for me, as I would like to be able to access whatever I want on the lockscreen separate from what's on the dock?
  8. Scorpion34

Scorpion34 Well-Known Member

You can always download a LS replacement like Magic Locker.
    DodgerinNH likes this.
  9. DodgerinNH

That's a pretty sweet app. Thanks for the tip
  10. dmunz

dmunz Well-Known Member

Two different things. The lock screen apps are set in personalize/display/lock screen shortcuts. The dock is just drag and drop to be there. They are not connected.

FWIW
    DLM
  11. DodgerinNH

thanks, but clicking on lock screen shortcuts only checks a box that will display the launch bar shortcuts. How do you actually choose which ones will be displayed?

(I've since switched to a different app "Magic Locker" which solved the problem for me, but I'm still curious should I eventually switch back to the stock lockscreen)
  12. dmunz

dmunz Well-Known Member

Interesting. I'm using a Rezound, but ICS can't be that different, can it? I get an extra line asking me to choose the shortcuts.

FWIW
    DLM

Attached Files:

13. dmunz

dmunz Well-Known Member

Sorry, I choked on inserting the second picture above...

FWIW
    DLM

Attached Files:

14. jamala00

jamala00 Well-Known Member

I have found that the dock and the lock screen shortcuts are tied together. You change the 4 dock shortcuts and whatever you change them too are displayed on the lock screen. I have not found a way to set the separate of each other.
  15. DodgerinNH

You can file this with that other genius decision of linking the ringtones and notifications volumes. Thanks for confirming.
  16. NightAngel79

Really? That's odd. It totally isn't that way on the Rezound with ICS on Sense 3.6....
  17. dezignstuff

dezignstuff Member

I think the whole lock screen concept is useless. Hit the power button then slide a circle - I don't get it. I use an app called NoLock which disables the lockscreen.
  18. NightAngel79

Can't you turn the lock screen off on Sense 4.0? Pretty sure I can with my Rezound
  19. Scorpion34

Scorpion34 Well-Known Member

It's actually not. I have actually been successful in "pocket dialing" people or going into apps if my lockscreen is not on. And it has happened on several occasions. Unless you keep your phone in a holster, purse, or manbag, I'd keep it on.