Lock Sound has all of a sudden appeared!

Last Updated:

1. Jas31483

Jas31483 Member This Topic's Starter

Okay, so I originally noticed that 2.2 now had a feature that allows you to assign a noise when locking/unlocked your screen when I force updated my original Droid 1. When it came time to get the Droid 2 I went into settings and made sure that the option was still there and it was. So I set it and locked the screen, didn't hear a thing. Unlocked the screen and still didn't hear anything. Put the phone up to my ear and locked, and there was the ever so slightest clicking noise that was almost non existent (that's how low it was). So I instantly made sure that all volumes were set to high and they were. At that point I figured that's just how it was, and there was no changing it. I was kinda upset. HAHA.

And then today came!!! Out of nowhere, the phone now makes a nice and loud lock and unlock sound. It's so random, I don't understand why it would change its mind out of nowhere.

Anyone else had this issue? Or am I just going deaf and losing it?

Advertisement
  2. Lightnspirit

Lightnspirit Well-Known Member

your phone has magical powers.

3. Jas31483

Jas31483 Member This Topic's Starter

Haha. You know, it seemed like a special edition to me! Forget the R2D2 edition. Ill show you special!

4. BabyRN

BabyRN Well-Known Member

I just got the Droid 2 today and the very exact thing is happening to me. I came on here to see if anyone has the same problem. I have checked everything, made sure the volume is up and like you can hear a very, very faint click when I lock and unlock. I hope my louder sounds "magically" appear in a few days like yours did!!!

5. Dragoro

Dragoro Well-Known Member

I had the same prob, it was driving me nuts. Its the system volume. Its not listed in the volume settings. I couldnt figure out how to raise it. I installed the audio manager app and used that to raise the system volume.

6. BabyRN

BabyRN Well-Known Member

Thank you! I will go and do that now!!!

7. BabyRN

BabyRN Well-Known Member

That worked great! Thank you!!!

8. egordon42

egordon42 Member

That didn't work for me. My system volume is up to 15 and there's no lock / unlock sound.

9. BabyRN

BabyRN Well-Known Member

Do you have the "lock/unlock" option checked in the settings? Just asking because at first mine wasn't. Once I checked it I could barely hear it. That's when the above worked for me.

Dragoro likes this.
  10. egordon42

egordon42 Member

No sir, I did not. That did it. Coming from an iphone, there are SO many options I can't keep track of them all. Thanks!