LOCKBOT APP- Unlock with the optical trackpad button, apply nexus one swipe unlock...General

Last Updated:

1. bamaboy

bamaboy Active Member This Topic's Starter

I was curious about this myself, and i have seen numerous post about this on the forums complaining about having to unlock with the top button

I searched about nexus since it is similar and saw a few things about the app LOCKBOT, i recommend you atleast try the free version and see, it gives you unlock with the trackpad button and the ability to do custom lockscreen with different styles like Iphone, and different android locks. THis was one grip i didnt like about sense. Stock Android has the ability to swipe to unlock or swipe the other way to mute sounds, which is a nice feature, although i prefer my iphones switch the best

The bad...Ive read stuff about it crashing and being laggy, now i havnt experiended this on the INC, it runs super smooth. But i have been having a few times where the front button will not unlock the phone, maybe an update will fix this or something, but its worth a shot to look at

Advertisement
    constant.repetition and 762x51 like this.
  2. dibs ODDJOB

dibs ODDJOB Well-Known Member

I was one of the dudes complaining.

It was mostly shock of having to do it on the Inc after NOT doing it for a year and a half on the Storm. After playing with the phone for the past 9-10 hours, I can say it's something that I could get used to. However, there are still issues, like not being able to quickly skip songs on Pandora when the screen locks. Maybe there's an easier way to do that but I don't know. On the Storm you held the UP volume button for a second and it would skip.

Anyways, there should be an option for not using the power button to unlock the screen, which is a horrible human factors decision IMHO. I just downloaded Lockbot Lite for my fiance's phone, since she thought the power button thing was stupid too. So far it does exactly what I want it to do, turn screen on with the optical trackpad button, which is . It still gives me a lock screen, but that's fine. And the lock screen can easily be configured to other ones, including using your own photos. I like the stock lock screen myself, with my own pic.

It has a weird thing where a dialog pops up when you hit the home key, but just choose HTC Sense, and check "always use this" and it's never a problem again.

Barring some major problems popping up (Zero so far), I will install this on my own Inc when I get it, and will probably buy the Pro version. This dev earned my money.

EDIT: I forgot to add that the Inc automagically mutes the phone when you pick it up and tilt it vertical. No need for mute button. Its under settings-> Sounds and display->Quiet ring on pickup. Haven't tested this, but its in the documentation.

3. JediKly13

JediKly13 Member

I saw in a review video they also have a quick mute feature when you flip the phone upside down (i.e. screen down). They had an example of being in a meeting with it on the table, it starts ringing, so just flip it face down on the table and it mutes itself. Pretty cool idea.

4. dibs ODDJOB

So I just tested this. I had the Inc laying flat,face up, screen locked. When the phone rang, I picked it up and held it vertical. The ringer got really quiet, but was still audible. I turned it over and and put it face down on the table and it went completely silent.

I love this phone. :p

inTECHrity likes this.
  5. Air Force One

Air Force One Well-Known Member

There is another one called "No Lock", it's free and also has a widget for checking status and for toggling on and off quickly. I've been using it on my Nexus all day without any issues. I addition to being able to wake the device with the trackball/trackpad you can use the volume buttons as well if you choose, and the best part is it completely circumvents the locking feature of Android so no need to swipe and bars. The only issue is it may not quite be compatible with the Incred yet. It's in the marketplace for free.

6. constant.repetition

constant.repetition Member

thanks! it was bugging me, i'm an ex eris user and having to hit the power button on top to wake up the phone is annoying. i was pointed to this post by a fellow AF member. I think a lot of people (esp. ex eris users) are gonna wonder about this.

7. liquidicem

liquidicem Active Member

You guys must not keep your phone in your pocket. My screen would be on all day long if anything but the power button woke the phone up.

8. dibs ODDJOB

I think the trackpad button is perfect, since it is actually recessed below the surface and is very hard to press to make the screen turn on accidentally. This is the same design as the iPhone, which seems to work fine for tens of millions of people.

And yes, I keep mine in my pocket, just like my Storm, which I never used the lock.

9. magnum003

magnum003 Member

Can someone explain how to enable the optical track pad for waking the phone using Lockbot Pro? Would it be possible to enable a long-press on one of the volume rockers for the same thing?

10. GreenOnyx

GreenOnyx New Member

Curious about this myself, I can't stand the power button being used to unlock, but neither the Lockbot Free or No Lock apps seemed to enable the track button. Is there a setting I'm missing or something besides enabling these that needs done?

11. bamaboy

bamaboy Active Member This Topic's Starter

when i did mine it worked fine, no adjusting the options, but after sitting for a bit, the trackpad will not wake it up, but the volume and power do everytime, seems htc disables the trackpad after sitting for a bit, not sure, becuase sometimes after a while, the trackpad will workfine

disable lockbot in the menu back out and lock it then go back in and re-enable it, see if that works, hopefully anupdate might could fix this

12. GreenOnyx

GreenOnyx New Member

Yeah, I think I'll wait for an update, hopefully this gets resolved. Thanks for confirming. It looks like the home key bug is still there too, if you go to unlock it and hit home you can bypass the slide lock...not that it's a huge issue unless it does it for people using passwords too...

13. phorts

phorts Well-Known Member

Agreed, But...

This is happening for me too. Otherwise perfect. Hope they fix it. May give No Lock a try (i dont care about security, i just want convenience)

14. Air Force One

Air Force One Well-Known Member

Guys also remember that a lot of the apps need to be tweaked for the Incred. When I got my nexus in january it took a couple weeks for all apps to behave correctly.

A lot of these apps you can still download even though they have not yet been tweaked to work seamlessly on the Incred yet. So on some of these apps, make a mental note of them etc.., and then try again after the dev has had time to tweak for Incredible.:)

phorts likes this.
  15. phorts

phorts Well-Known Member

I think most are aware of this, but thanks for the reminder and the heads up for those who dont. I will point out though that devs DO look at this forum (and others) to help improve their apps so keep the requests coming and the complaints to a minimal as i'm sure, as Air Force One has pointed out, that they're working on tweaking it for this phone.

I just hope they include some additional features as well...

16. dibs ODDJOB

I emailed the dev for Lockbot:

ME:
    "Great app. Would appreciate a version that allowed turning off volume buttons. Also sometimes the trackpad doesn't turn on the screen on my incredible."

HIM:
    "Hi!
    Sorry, there is currently no way that I know of to do this.
    I hope you'll find the app useful anyway!

Have a nice day,"

ME:
    "Bummer to hear. I can tell you there's a lot of people that would pay good money to fix this problem on the incredible because they hate using the power button to turn the screen on. Otherwise you have a solid app."

EDIT:

If you go to Appbrain.com you can see No Lock and Lockbot are two of the HOT apps. No coincidence with the Incredible coming out and people trying to find a solution to a problem they shouldn't have.