1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

locked bootloader petition

1. faber78

faber78 Guest

Advertisement
    :
    Lars, bouchigo, lennydude and 16 others like this.
  2. faber78

faber78 Guest

bumped for visibility
  3. chacen.droid

chacen.droid Well-Known Member

Signed.
  4. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

Bump to keep this at the top. Lets get it signed guys!
  5. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

I'm going to add this to the sticky thread tomorrow. I'm out of town this weekend.
  6. rudybow

rudybow Well-Known Member

I thought it said partition, just figured it was some hacking type stuff I didn't understand. I'll sign it.
  7. faber78

faber78 Guest

no its motos locked bootloader....
    i discovered there is much more can be done in the process of rooting a co-workers samsung....things we cant do because of the locked bootloader....
  8. faber78

faber78 Guest

9. Steven58

Signed and retweeted.
  10. Metfanant

Metfanant Well-Known Member

11. faber78

faber78 Guest

last bump from me.
    op in the xda thread posted a small update....link is in first post.
  12. Steven58

Don't worry about bumping. :)
  13. mikepic

mikepic Well-Known Member

signed
  14. Coolguy71261

Coolguy71261 Well-Known Member

signed
  15. faber78

faber78 Guest

Its funny, I've been watching this site and they had posted a company response stating verified source, but it also said not a response from motorola....it was kinda weird.
    The response was from an IT guy, didn't say IT for what company, he said he was taking his atrix back and telling everyone he knew to do the same until motorola changed policy.
    Then groubal site went down and back up, now his qoute and the company response mark are gone.
  16. bouchigo

bouchigo Well-Known Member

Here's to hoping it was just a coincidence.......hmmmmm
  17. faber78

faber78 Guest

lol....guys, get this....first post in xda thread:

"UPDATE (28th March 2011):

So the numbers are 1430, but there has been a few dramas over the past couple of hours.

Groubal was Hacked!!! They suspect it has something to do with this petition!!!

Their email to me below:
    Hello Irwin,

Groubal was hacked! Our host is addressing this matter as we speak. We hope Groubal.com will be back up and running soon.

Clearly the Motorola petition has spread widely throughout the web and touched a major nerve. You can be sure we will do whatever possible to get back in service ASAP.

Thanks for the alert.

Groubal Customer Care
    So I strongly urge everyone who wants to see an open Motorola Android platform to make their voices heard.
    If you know other people who can spread this further get in touch with them, we need to show Motorola that their brand is on the line here."
  18. faber78

faber78 Guest

19. Coolguy71261

Coolguy71261 Well-Known Member

Moto doesn't want to listen
  20. faber78

faber78 Guest

Moto is figuring on most people not even knowing or understanding....but the funny thing is for every one of those signatures there's probably 2 or 3 people asking that person what phone to get....you know what they'll say. And each phone represents how much money....
  21. Steven58

They've proven that they don't want to listen by their actions. That is what this petition is all about.... making them listen!
  22. Raw Dodge

Raw Dodge Well-Known Member

I strongly disagree.This will not make them listen,the only thing a corporation like Moto understands is money.Stop buying there products,and stop recommending them.Its too bad because I feel neither HTC or Samsungs phones are built with the same quality contruction of a motorola...but its the only way to get action...
  23. Thats

Thats That guy is This VIP Member

Get this back to the TOP. I want custom ROMS from GB!!!
  24. bouchigo

bouchigo Well-Known Member

I just signed the petition like 2 mins ago, so they must be back up :D
  25. GandalfTehGray

GandalfTehGray Well-Known Member