• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Locked out and cant factory reset, stuck in ODIN mode

I bought a phone from a friend and he said it was fine. i then realized he got locked out of it by to mainy password attempts. i thought it could be easily fixed by a hard factory reset, but when i hold down the down volume and the power button it asks about a OS download and goes to a ODIN mode. how can i fix this all? how can i get out of ODINE mode? how can i get the phone unlocked ? the phone is a samsung galaxy proclaim. im not aware if it has been rooted or not.

Or just try rebooting. :)
If that doesn't work, get to a pc or laptop, download Odin, run it, then download cwm and put in an easy to find place on your computer, open Odin and plug your phone in, if Odin recognizes your phone a com port will show up. Then click the pda slot and find the cwm file and then uncheck partition. Now click start, this will flash cwm onto your phone. Now find and download the stock.tar and viper or hawk.pit, now open Odin again, plug the phone in, and make sure Odin recognizes it again. Now put the stock.tar in the pda slot, and the hawk or viper.pit in the pit slot, make sure that partition is not checked, and click start.
To be sure of everything you're about to do, Google search and read instruction closely. I'm not posting files because; they aren't my work, and good instruction's are available along with the needed files.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones