Locked out of my epicSupport

Last Updated:

1. awall41

awall41 Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys my sister locked me out of my Epic and now when I go to enter my gmail user name and password it says its wrong but it will let me log into gmail online. Any thoughts?

Thanks for your help
    -Adam

Advertisement
  2. badankles

badankles Well-Known Member

take it to sprint service

3. awall41

I was hoping it wouldn't have to come to that.

4. MILcityBOI

MILcityBOI Well-Known Member

if it's logging you online then there is nothing that Sprint can do...They are not google, if you could try logging into your google account with another android device that could help. I would suggest going to settings/privacy/factory data wipe and after the phone reboots then try logging in. Sprint will not be able to log you in whatsoever. If can't get in then you might need to change your gmail password for your computer and retry logging into the phone.

5. awall41

I would do that IF I COULD GET INTO MY PHONE! I am locked out and sprint has no way of hard resetting it over the phone.

6. MILcityBOI

Are you locked out of the pattern lock? Because you can still access all the phone's settings even if you are not signed into your google account.

7. awall41

yes im locked out because of pattern lock.

8. awall41

i tried doing a battery pull holding down the volume down button and pressing the power button, but that doesn't work. Best buy mobile couldn't figure it out and I have no clue where the sprint store by my work is.

9. awall41

In case anyone should come across this problem you hold down the volume down and camera button that brings up the hard reset menu, then you press the home button to select data restore.

trekfresh likes this.
  10. daddyd302

daddyd302 Well-Known Member

11. MILcityBOI

The pattern lock is an Android option...it can be disabled at any time.

12. jnvk06

jnvk06 New Member

Shut off phone then press the camera, power, and down volume button. the menu screen will appear and you want to press the volume down button to factory rest, and press the home key. The phone should wipe all data, then you will want to hit the home button on the REBOOT NOW option. Hope this helps.

alanag4l, Lobo89 and trekfresh like this.
  13. ttoyas

ttoyas New Member

I had this happen to me as well. Try sliding your phone open first. I entered my google password but got an incorrect password error, even though I KNOW I was typing the correct password. I called my cell from another phone and pressed the back key to get to the home screen (it wouldn't allow me to just press the home key) and frantically pressed the menu and settings buttons (if you don't press them fast enough it will take you back to the slide lock screen requiring your google account info again). From there I disabled the unlock pattern and ended the phone call. It would only allow me to access my phone then if I slid the phone open, after which google verification asked me for a captcha entry. From there it allowed me into my phone with no more issues. I think the google asked for a captcha from the beginning that could only be seen if the phone was slid open maybe? That's why I say try sliding your phone open if you get the incorrect password error. This sucks, because what it says is that if someone gets your phone and answers an incoming phone call, then they will be able to access your phone. Sorry you went and factory reset, it wasn't necessary in my case.