locked out of my Eris

1. lazyykid

lazyykid Member

Hi. I set up the unlock pattern for my phone. One of my friends tried to figure out the pattern, after too many tries it said wait 30 seconds. Then he accidentally press a button where i have to use my google account to unlock it. The google account verizon made for me doesn't work. Anyone know what to do? I live way too far from a verizon store to go to tech support.

Advertisement
  2. Robfactory

Robfactory Well-Known Member

this is insensitive, but LOL.
    Asides from that, try to contact Verizon CS via Phone.
    You can also try resetting the phone to factory setting using a hard reset.
    Perform a hard reset on your HTC Droid Eris. These steps will clear all data and settings off the device.
    1. With the Eris turned off, press and hold the Volume Down and Send buttons.
    2. Press the Power button.
    3. Follow the instructions to complete the hard reset.
  3. lazyykid

lazyykid Member

thnks so much
  4. Robfactory

no problem.
    I hope it worked. if it did just hit me up with some good rep.
  5. missambition

missambition New Member

This worked perfectly I am actually responsible for locking myself out of my phone but now I have to start from scratch but thats ok cause the people at verizon couldn't help me so this was great thanks so much!! :)
  6. Robfactory

I'm glad it worked out for you.
  7. Ruben

Ruben Well-Known Member

What was wrong with the Google account? Password? You can always go to gmail.com and click forgot password and get it a few ways.
  8. DDustiNN

DDustiNN Well-Known Member

Also remember when you are typing in your gmail login/password, you don't include the "@gmail.com" part. Just the name and password.
  9. Ruben

Ruben Well-Known Member

When I did a test lockout, I did enter "@gmail.com"
  10. lromero23

lromero23 New Member

i tried these steps a few times but it didnt change anything or reboot.:confused:
  11. Reeses13

Reeses13 New Member

Just checking, this completely wipes my phone, including all of my contacts, correct?

If this is the case, is there any other way of even getting back to the enter the pattern screen? What about a work-around? Or do I really have to lose all of my contacts, apps, pictures, everything to be able to use my phone again?

Would going to the Verizon store help?
  12. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

13. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

I read this on androidcentral.com. It's never happened to me, but worth a try:

14. clvpatterson

clvpatterson Member

:D:Dthanks much for the assistance - my phone was locked out for 2 days and I was determined not to perform a hard reset, although my information was backed up..

I followed these steps, with a couple new ones in the middle.. when I tried it without WIFI turned on, it wouldn't work.

Once you are on the phone, you can pull down the top menu and look at email, texts, etc. (anything in the notification bar) - so I opened up an email and clicked on a link, you will get a notification to go to settings to turn on WIFI..

1. changed my password on my gmail account.
    1A. **used my USB cable to hook my phone up to my laptop** (this may not have to be done)
    2. made a call to my phone.
    2A.**i turned on my WIFI on the phone** (info up top)
    3. While on the call pulled down the top menu and tapped the sign in/ authenticate button.
    4. A menu will pop up and ask you to put in your password to authenticate. (still on the call while doing this) I pulled up the keyboard by tapping in the password box or you can hit the menu key to get it to come up. Put in my new password and let it try to authenticate. (it cant because you are on the phone but let it try and give you the message that it is unable to authenticate)
    4A.** it did authenticate for me, I was signed in**, but when the called ended, I had to perform step 5***
    5.After that end the call and go back to the screen that says enter you gmail username (your gmail email address) and password. Put in this information.
    6. It asked me to set a new unlock pattern. so I did the pattern twice and ended up at my home page.

WHEW!!! - Thanks so much - I hope this helps some one else as well!!!
    doogald likes this.
  15. classicgrrl

classicgrrl New Member

Any other suggestions?

still locked out and tried several times. not working.
  16. Jmmma53

Jmmma53 New Member

This happened to me back when i first got my phone, a battery pull did the trick for me
  17. failsauce

failsauce New Member

I just locked myself out, what if I dont use e-mail on my phone? I dont have anything in the drop down box that will help me do any of this..
  18. alexthompson

alexthompson New Member

it wont work it works but when it says verizon after th ''htc quitly brileant'' it frezzes. please help me