1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Locked out of my Tablet forgot password

1. jbrian420

jbrian420 Member

I have a Samsung Galaxy tablet 7'' and I installed Application Protection. Well I forgot the password and now I can't access any of the settings or most of the apps. I really don't want to hard reset it because I have alot of stuff that I will loose that is not on the sd card. I have used adb before on my droid x but unfortunately usb debugging is not enabled on my tab to access it. I can't enable it in the os. The only unrestricted access I have to my knowledge is the recovery console, which allows me to factory reset(last resort) or update.zip. I have been playing with an update.zip creator script and was wondering is there a way to enable usb debugging with an update.zip or more likely remove the application protection app with an update.zip.

I would appreciate any help...
    Brian

Advertisement
  2. kasonn1e

kasonn1e New Member

My son has a Samsung Galaxy Tab (7" - P1000) - he changed the password and forgot it and cannot get into it to do anything.

HOW can we reset or resolve this?

Kenny