• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

locked out of old android

aleesha64

Lurker
Nov 30, 2011
I've been on verizon for about 10 years and in the past 2 i got a new number and another new smartphone so i used it for a while but now its broke. I wanted to use my android, but in the past year i forgot the unlock code. I tried multiple times til the gmail option came up and i had changed my password within the past year because i got hacked and i don't remember the old password from when i originally got my android. Its not a huge loss if i have to do a factory reset but since my current phone is broke i will have no phone numbers etc. I tried reading similar threads but none of them apply to my phone :(

Welcome to AF :D

I am guessing you are talking about the phone lock not your gmail account password. If so a factory reset may be your only option.

If you had backup assistance on any phone you should be able to login to my verizon to see your contacts. If you can use the same gmail account as you did originally the contacts should also be attached to it.

What phone do you have?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones