• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Locked out of phone your my only hope!

redfogo

Lurker
Jul 31, 2012
Hello everyone so Im trying to help out my girlfriend who is crazy tech impaired! Here is the deal her phone is locked she forgot the new password. She used the number pad to lock it not the swipe/ pattern lock. She tried to recover her password but the phone is tied to some old Gmail account she does not know.

So is there a way to

A. recover her data save it some place then wipe it?
B. get passed the phone lock i can't seem to find anything about people who use the number lock password set up.
C. Any way to contact a Google rep for some help. On finding her old account. Verizon said your out of luck and Google has no way to contact a support number on this subject since you can't recover an account based on a phone number.

Thanks everyone hope maybe someone had a solution

I don't see a way around if she can't remember neither her phone nor her Gmail passwords. Sounds like a factory reset is only way to go & set up a new Gmail to activate. The loss of data will just be her punishment to remind her not to forget her password...or give her an old flip phone for a month. LOL You may want to export her contacts from Gmail to her computer once rebuilt...I do that once a month just in case. good luck

Upvote 0
I have a simular problem.

My son has my old Galaxy S1. He changed the code (numbers) to lock the phone but can't remember it.

Tried to do a factory reset, but it asks for a password to do the reset.

Phone was on Swisscom (Switzerland) using their firmware, asked them if they can help but no joy, say have to send to Samsung.

Would flashing the phone using ODIN help? Or any other suggestions.

Thanks N.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones