Locked Out Of PhoneSupport

Last Updated:

1. j3551c4

j3551c4 Member This Topic's Starter

I've been looking around for a while trying to see if anyone posted something like this and I have not found anything quite like what is going on with my phone.

I got my pattern code wrong enough times so my vibrant is requesting I enter google account information in order to let me in.

I have not been able to access the phone this way since it will not accept the google info I am inputting. I know my username and password are correct since I have verified them on my computer to ensure that I am using the correct information.

I have followed the instructions for accessing the recovery mode menu..and have deleted user data and cache twice, and the phone is still prompting me to enter my google username and password.

I contacted TMobile support and they were useless.

Is there any way for me to bypass this screen? What is the proper way to do a real master reset of my phone that will actually delete the data I have already inputted into the phone?

I am somewhat freaking out because I just bought this phone today, and cannot believe this is happening.

I've been searching these forums and online for hours looking for a solution but nothing that I have found has worked. If I could get the phone back to factory settings that would solve the issue, but I can't find a set of proper instructions that actually delete the data since the phone is still prompting me for the google information due to my getting the pattern code wrong.

HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE and thank you so much for these type of forums. I'm very grateful that there are places like this where people are willing to help each other.

:D

Advertisement
  2. j3551c4

j3551c4 Member This Topic's Starter

After hours of searching and reading, and thinking I would have to return the phone, I found a solution that didn't quite work the way it was explained, but I did find my own way to make it work.

This is what I did:

-I called myself from skype, though I would recommend having one of your friends call you. I was obsessing at the weee hours of the morning and didn't want to bother anyone that late for a random phone call.

-Answer the call as you normally would.

-During the phone call, tap the home key on the phone. For whatever reason, this bypasses the locked screen asking for google information that doesnt work and takes you directly into the home screen.

-Once you are in there, do a factory reset by following these instructions:

From the main home screen, tap menu
    Tap Settings, then Privacy
    Tap Factory data reset
    Tap Reset phone

Something I found interesting which I am not sure if its a bug is that doing a hard reset and wiping all the user data did NOT set my phone back to factory settings, but doing the above did.

I did not set a new lock pattern for fear of this happening again, though I may have to at some point so it is protected from nosy people lol

I know this information could be used for wrong doing...ie thieves and locked phones, but for people like me, who dropped money on this phone (I can prove it if necessary, I am no thief) to be locked out of a brand new phone with no solution is horrible.

I know there are a lot of people out there with the same issue, and hopefully actual, rightful owners are the ones who benefit from this information.

Thanks.