Locked Out

Last Updated:

1. samurai65

samurai65 New Member This Topic's Starter

I have had my Hero for a few months, and only had one big issue with it wherein I had to factory reset it, but it has run smoothly for awhile now. However, while on the phone, somehow, I performed too many pattern unlock attempts (I don't know how, but random things happen when the screen fails to shut off). Now, it wants me to sign in with my Google account, but when I attempt either my full e-mail address or simply my username that I simply use for entering Gmail, it will not recognise my password. I have even typed slowly to make sure I am entering correct letters. This is really frustrating, and I absolutely need my phone to remain functional.

I really do not want to get a new phone, as I am rather low on money. I could try to get my data plan switched to an older phone until I could buy another phone, but I really do not want to do this. Please, any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. yaketyblah

yaketyblah Member

Probably have install the software again from the computer and start from scratch. The joys of high tech smartphones. That would get you up and running fast.

3. Kataclysmic

Kataclysmic Well-Known Member

No, don't reset.

If you know you're gmail username, that's good. You should be able to try 'null' for your password (without the ') and it should let you in to set a new lock code.