Locked shutter after first pictureSupport

Last Updated:

1. magnaduster

magnaduster New Member This Topic's Starter

After taking my first photo with my mew droid x the shutter is frozen closed. Reset the phone (not wiped yet) and no luck. Called verizon and they made note of it but i purchased at a best buy with limited stock and have to wait until next week or the week after to exchange if this ends up being a true hardware issue. Any others experiencing this? Thanks for any ideas while waiting for a
    possible exchange.

Advertisement
  2. notnomis

notnomis New Member

Having camera issues as well....

My camera will freeze the phone sometimes, cause it to reboot, and occasionally will open up with no display of what is in front of the camera (shutter closed?).

Went back to the store, and they were hesitant to replace it (they might have been out, I didn't ask)...and said that it might be a issue related to the battery...

The store rep. noted that on the forums ( I assume the VZW forums) that some users noted similar issues, and that fully discharging and then recharging the battery seemed to remedy the issue. I am going to give it a try, and if that doesn't work I will go back to the store.