lockscreen and Theme question

Last Updated:

1. JynxRD

JynxRD Member This Topic's Starter

After rooting your phone can you change these things with the default ROM or must you be using a custom ROM to change the lock screen and or apply a new theme. I've used almost all the custom ROMS just checking them out and have determined that I really don't see enough of a benefit other than the "cool factor" so I'll await an official update. However I still enjoy chaning themes and lock screens.

Advertisement
  2. vido.ardes

vido.ardes Well-Known Member

Once you revert to an official HTC (or carrier) ROM, you will loose Root capability and will have to go through the process of re-rooting your phone.

3. JynxRD

JynxRD Member This Topic's Starter

Hello Vido, that's really not what I asked at all :) I went back to stock last night after reloading the latest Sprint RUU. I then rooted the phone again this morning. So I have root access, I can boot to the recovery screen..ect. However I'm wondering if I toss a new lock screen .zip for example onto the SD card and load that .zip from the recovery menu, will I have a new lock screen for the default ROM.

4. mysticmead

mysticmead Well-Known Member

Hero Mods, Themes, APK's, Fonts, Lockscreens, Taskbars - xda-developers has some info buried in those threads on changing just lock screens and stuff like that.. if you are rooted and have the lock screen or theme in a update.zip then yes, you "Should" be able to load it without a custom ROM.. or if you just had the .apk and .png files then you "should" be able to load them manually..