1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Lockscreen App?

Last Updated:

1. DGalt

DGalt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there an app out yet for Android 2.0 / Droid that will let you change around the lockscreen (change the wallpaper, having it show music player like on HTC sense UI, etc.)?

I know about FlyScreen, tried it and wasn't a fan. There is one called Lock 2.0 that seems promising but I prefer the unlock method of the android system to the iphone (Lock 2.0 changes the unlock bar to something similar to iphone, which I think is dumb). Other than that, though, Lock 2.0 seems like it would do what I want.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. gizbug

gizbug Well-Known Member

I run Lock 2.0.
    I rate it 3/5....probably wouldn't waste money on it.

3. gnur

gnur Active Member

Stericson has created a lockscreen which allows you to control your music from the lockscreen, but has the same behavior as the normal screen (menu to unlock)

4. DGalt

DGalt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

what's the name of that app? stericson doesn't come up in the market.

5. petjakob

petjakob New Member

I will be developing an app which should make this possible. I am looking for collaborators.

My main vision is to create a notification preview timeline to live on the lockscreen. I could easily integrate what I call a shortcut (using long press on the touch-buttons) to the music controls or even allow those to be a default display in the preview panel (since music is an ongoing notification) when you have music playing.

please check it out at mylockforandroid - Project Hosting on Google Code and send any android devs you know my way that might be interested in exchanging ideas, as i'm new to the platform