Lockscreen as a screensaver on my S2.Support

Last Updated:

1. bluphoto

bluphoto New Member

Recently got S2, and have lovely wallpapers for both lockscreen and home page. (Note no actual "lock" is running - lockscreen is just clock and date)

So I have S2 sitting in charging cradle on desk at work, displaying lock/clock screen. Then I receive an email / sms, so I view it without removing from cradle. Home page wallpaper is really nice but not really safe for work, so need to switch back to lock screen.

I can push power button once to switch off, and again to switch back on to show lockscreen, but it only stays on for a few seconds.

Right now the only way I can keep the lockscreen permanently active is by taking it out and putting it back into the cradle after each interaction. I just want to be able to push a button / run an app, which will have the same effect (activating the lockscreen and having it stay on) as removing it from, and replacing it in the cradle.

Effectively, I want to use my lockscreen as a screensaver, which I can activate at the push of a button.

Advertisement
  2. Turkoes

Turkoes Active Member

I've just got the phone and noticed the same thing. I found an app but the only thing is that the button at the bottom still wake the phone up regardless of on screen unlock swipe.
  3. Gearu

Gearu Well-Known Member

Hey there, in my android app travels I found these two apps that may do the job you want, one's for 'home' and one is more of a business version with a briefing icon/button.
    https://market.android.com/details?id=com.samsung.att.deskhome&feature=search_result

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.samsung.spr.deskhome&feature=search_result

The home one says that it keeps the screen unlocked, but the other one doesn't mention it, but probably does.
    They appear to be somewhat official Samsung apps, by 'Samsung Telecom' but I'm not 100% sure so make your own judgement.