lockscreen hangs/delaysGeneral

1. jntdroid

jntdroid Well-Known Member

This and the sound 'issue' are the only things about this phone that are really bothering me. My wife's phone doesn't have this issue with the lockscreen, though it's kinda laggy in general.

Probably 80% of the time, when I wake my phone, the lockscreen hangs for a couple of seconds before I can do anything. The little "T-Mobile" near the top right isn't there at first, then after a couple of seconds it shows up and lets me know I can unlock it. It will register my swipe, but won't do anything until that point. It's a small nuisance, but one nonetheless, and sometimes takes a good 3-4 seconds. I've tried various wallpapers, getting rid of some apps, etc., and it still does it. I haven't factory reset, and would like to avoid that as I'm not sure how that'll affect root access.

Anybody else seeing this or having this issue?

Advertisement
  2. surgerush

surgerush Well-Known Member

So you don't use a password or anything to unlock it? I use nolock, gets rid of the lock screen entirely. If you're not using a password the lock screen is kind of pointless anyways.
    Nilpotent and jntdroid like this.
  3. jntdroid

Nope - I might try that. Wish I could figure out how to "freeze" it, but I have a feeling it's buried in the settings.apk or something like that.
  4. gvc

gvc Well-Known Member

I use nolock also. put the widget on your main homescreen and tap it anytime you want the phone to lock on screen timeouts. keep it unlocked when at home or whenever there's no need for extra security.
    captainbob and jntdroid like this.
  5. ZenPit

ZenPit Well-Known Member

I was having the same issue when I first got my phone and continued having it up until I rooted it. I'm thinking it might have something to do with all the bloat ware that comes prepackaged into the phone.
  6. jntdroid

Even after rooting/freezing it was a problem. Even though it was a headache, I unrooted, factory reset, rerooted, and have only been installing apps on an as-needed basis. So far it's been fine.
  7. ZenPit

ZenPit Well-Known Member

Yea I haven't frozen any apps I simply removed them since I have no intention on using them. Could be why I haven't had the problem...
  8. zcarman

zcarman Well-Known Member

This is a totally common problem on battery conservation settings. The Exhibit puts the processor down to minimum (I believe all Samsung devices are doing this now) when it goes to sleep. So, when you wake it and swipe immediately, it takes a few seconds to rev up and get your touch registered.

No Lock will get rid of the problem completely - though you may still have a few lags when waking the phone - but not as noticeable.
  9. jntdroid

Sorry I misspoke - I removed as well... put them in a folder on my sd card.

Indeed - but I kind of enjoy having a picture of my family up when I turn on my phone. :)