1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Lockscreen WallpaperGeneral

1. SirEagle

SirEagle Well-Known Member

If I change the wallpaper on the lockscreen aand want to change it back to a stock wallpaper how do I do it. When I go to the settings for it the only place I can add wallpaper from is my picture album. So how do you get the stock wallpaper back?

Advertisement
  2. SirEagle

Oh yeah, still on 1.5.
  3. Wraithbane

Wraithbane Well-Known Member

Not sure if this will work, and it may be a pain to reset your screens, but try changing your scene to one of the stock ones. I know that will change the home wallpaper, and I'd assume that it would also change the lockscreen as well, then you'd have to put all your shortcuts/widgets back on the layout. You can always save the current layout with a name, then if going back to a stock scene didn't work, you could revert to where you are now and not have lost anything.

Menu > Scenes > (Save Current) > Pick one of the others...

Hope that works for you.
  4. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

Are you saying that when you go to change your lockscreen it doesn't give you the wallpaper gallery as an option? Try menu>settings>personalize>lockscreen wallpaper
  5. dragonbro

dragonbro Well-Known Member

I know you can choose the wallpaper gallery using 2.1, I think I remember no choice on 1.5.
    Another reason to update to 2.1 :)
  6. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

I change back and forth between stock wallpapers and downloaded ones all the time for the lock screen.

Just put the stock wallpapers somewhere you have access to them; I used my laptop at first, now I have them in my "all downloads" gallery. Or use Astro to retrieve the ones you want one at a time (I found that out by asking this same question back in January).

I forgot to mention that I'm using 1.5. ;)
    SirEagle likes this.
  7. SirEagle

Yep, that's right.

8. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

Its been a couple of days. Did you ever solve ur problem Eagle? sorry SirEagle! LOL
  9. SirEagle

Haven't even messed with it. Just figure I'll wait til the 2.1 OTA comes around. Hopefully soon, by what Frisco had to say about his encounter.
  10. Bladefish

Bladefish Member

Frisco, where are the stock wallpapers stored? I'm using ES File Explorer but I cannot find them. Is there a specific location?
    I'm using 1.5 on an Eris.
  11. andrizoid

andrizoid Well-Known Member

open astro and hit the "up" icon to take you out of the SD card directory and into the phone directory. go to system>customize>resource and you will find the HTC wallpapers and lockscreens.
    hope this helped

odd place to find them, but a little exploration in astro never hurt anyone :)