Lockscreen

Last Updated:

1. marefin

marefin Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there any way to change the lock screen? I have he Galaxy Captivate. I know there's one app called "Simply Lockscreen" which does work, but it doesn't display certain things like the date for example. And it's a bit buggy it seemed.

edit. to change without rooting btw.

Advertisement
  2. DROIDdidME

DROIDdidME Well-Known Member

Check out WidgetLocker! Very, very cuztomizable I think you'll like it :)

marefin likes this.
  3. gflare

gflare Well-Known Member

Replying a few days late, but I would recommend you check out LockBot. I've been using Lockbot since I first got my captivate, and it's been great.

Note: Lockbot is quite a performance hit if you're not using a LagFix. If you are LagFix'd, then it's great.

4. mckooter

mckooter Well-Known Member

i was using widget locker but its just a huge performance hit, i went back to stock this morning. its nice to have widgets though.

5. MassacrMan

MassacrMan Well-Known Member

I have noticed my phone being rather laggy lately, I thought it was from other apps I download being poorly coded. But I guess it's from widget lcoker, is it best that I just uninstall it?

Did you notice a rather large performance gain from removing it?

6. MKREdit

MKREdit Active Member

I was using lockbot but its performance was scetchy at best seemed to always be a battle between it and the stock lock screen. gave widget locker a try much better performance but i kept my uptime high which drained my battery much faster than usual. I too went back to stock this morning maybe the problem was that I'm using launcherpro and they don't play well with each other

7. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Active Member

Yea, not too fond of the stock lock. Wonder if that would change with the 2.2 update? Would love to see something similar to Moto or HTC locks.

8. MassacrMan

MassacrMan Well-Known Member

Well that's what widget locker does, you can have the droid unlock screen or the sense UI unlock screen. But as said above, it causes performance issues.