• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Lockscreen

Galaxy S4 unrooted, yes.

Make a new profile, then select State, then Net. Select Wifi Connected, then select your home Wifi. Give the new profile a new task and select Display, Keyguard, Off. Long press the green arrow on your new task and select Exit Task. Display, Keyguard On and that's it.

So when you're connected to your home Wifi, lockscreen is off - otherwise it's on. I've not done it, but you could select Time instead of State and pick start and end time to turn off lockscreen.

Upvote 0
Galaxy S4 unrooted, yes.

Make a new profile, then select State, then Net. Select Wifi Connected, then select your home Wifi. Give the new profile a new task and select Display, Keyguard, Off. Long press the green arrow on your new task and select Exit Task. Display, Keyguard On and that's it.

So when you're connected to your home Wifi, lockscreen is off - otherwise it's on. I've not done it, but you could select Time instead of State and pick start and end time to turn off lockscreen.

Yeah, I tried all that and any profile I try with keyguard does not work. What type of lockscreen are you using...pattern? Password?

Upvote 0
Apps need permission to modify your lock settings if they do not use a rooted bypass. This permission is usually given through Device Administrators. If you do not see Tasker listed in this section with a permission request, it will not be able to change lock screen settings other than the Swipe. It's the same behavior with tracking apps that can remotely lock your phone.

Reactions: guttyla
Upvote 0
Apps need permission to modify your lock settings if they do not use a rooted bypass. This permission is usually given through Device Administrators. If you do not see Tasker listed in this section with a permission request, it will not be able to change lock screen settings other than the Swipe. It's the same behavior with tracking apps that can remotely lock your phone.

Device administrator does list tasker and I checked it...but lock screen still not controlled by tasker...anything else I can try?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones